This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai charging issue

jithin_pattambi
Rising Star I
hi... anyone have issue with the ai charging??.. In my device the battery is getting charged before the scheduled time..Even after the latest update no change..Even i have tried in soft mode.. Any suggest me some troubleshooting.
17 REPLIES 17

MisterSavage
Rising Star I
Keeping the phone at a set % whether it's 100% or 80% or 60% or 90% makes no difference! If the battery falls below that point and charges to MAINTAIN that % then guess what? There is current. There is charge. If you're telling me that AI gets to say 80%, then shuts off completely and doesn't try to stay at that percent and then begins charging later to reach 100% then that is a different conversation. Most phones lose 5% or more overnight so I think you can do the math.

jithin_pattambi
Rising Star I
CH_ASUS

CH_ASUS said:

CH_ASUS said:

Thank you, we'll take this back to our developers as well.

please do it

Are you able to share a bit more about the behavior you are seeing?

For example if you set "end time" to 8AM.
When did you find the phone being fully charged already? This is so we can check if your case is expected result from the system or a bug.

last night i have set the time from 2am to 9am (22%) ... The mobile charges normally by 2 hrs.. when i check the mobile at 4am its fully charged by that time..

How is the status for the recent days? Does it always have your phone charged by 4am (although I understand you may not wish to check every night). As mentioned the mechanism is supposed to charge your phone to 100% before (not stricly only at) your "end time".

View post
i have noticed one mire thing @CH_ASUS .... when i turn on scheduled ai charging im getting the notification in panel - scheduled charging is on... but after some time i mean after 10mins when i check my phone that notification is disabled. I think system is killing the feature when the phone is kept idle..

ColorSage
Zen Master I
MisterSavage

Keeping the phone at a set % whether it's 100% or 80% or 60% or 90% makes no difference! If the battery falls below that point and charges to MAINTAIN that % then guess what? There is current. There is charge. If you're telling me that AI gets to say 80%, then shuts off completely and doesn't try to stay at that percent and then begins charging later to reach 100% then that is a different conversation. Most phones lose 5% or more overnight so I think you can do the math.

View post
Well, it can but while charging the phone draws all it's power from a charger. So it will not use 5% overnight. Even if a battery would lose charge that fast on it's own one recharge by 5% near 80% will use about 0.02 charging cycle where the same amount at 100% would use more like 0.2 cycle. The battery wear curve is not linear. Li-Ion hates being charged to maximum.