Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX582GV
Frequency of occurrence: Daily
Reset OS: Tried
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I bought this seemingly flagship model as I have another ASUS that has lasted years. This one is horrible. First I had to send it in as the HDMI port would no longer work and the video driver was disable. This took over a month.
Laptop came back. Noticed keyboards lights do not work and I was afraid to change anything. Now, I get freezes, when it goes to sleep it bluescreens, and I am tired of looking for a solution.
It used to be there were solutions other than reimage, This is unacceptable as configuring a workstation takes many hours to install all the apps and business functionality. We are not talking strange things, but join a domain, install printers, install Adobe Suite, Color calibrate, etc. To continually have to reset a laptop is not an answer.
The lack of ability to upgrade to the latest OS 20H2 is another issue.
I have to send my laptop in one more time. My time is too valuable to spend researching issues that should not exist with a quality product. That is what I paid ASUS for.
6 REPLIES 6

wedemeier
Star I
wedemeier

Hello ASUS,

I experience the same problems mentioned above with my UX581GV.

I am trying to update to 20H2 for three months now in endless sessions on youtube, installing drivers, BIOS Updates etc.

Secondly, my external HDMI is recognizing the external monitor attached, but doesn't bring any signal on the cable that would cause the monitor to display anything.

I thought this is a problem with the monitor and bought a new one, which in the beginning turned out to work...but now I am stuck in the same situation again... I have no ideas what to try next.

Can you confirm the HDMI-hardware is working properly on that series?

Thanks for an helpful answer in advance!

Cheers

Manuel

View post
I could finally manage to install 20H2 from USB (created via MediaCreationTool20H2.exe)...HDMI-Output works again... maybe that helps you guys as well...

wedemeier
Star I
Hey guys,
the HDMI-Output still has a problem with hibernating. I could help it with taking of the AC-plug and HDMI-cable before reactivating the laptop.
After then inserting the HDMI- and AC-cable it did wake up the HDMI-port.
Hope that helps on your systems as well!
Cheers,
Manuel