This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

160Hz Refresh Rate, 0% Black Crush & Android 11.

MetalCore13
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3
Firmware Version:-
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence:-
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):-
Hi,
This Post Don't Contain Any Issues But I Am Or Probably Everyone Expecting Major Updates.
I Hope Asus Will Give 160Hz Display Refresh Rate, 0% Black Crush With Android 11.
There Won't Be Any Competitor For ROG 3 With This Updates.
Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
160hz is a gimmick at best, it's not like any game will run beyond 90fps stable anyways. I don't see any reason to have a display beyond 90hz on a mobile phone until we get truly high end devices that can handle more. I prefer a high quality 90hz panel with no ghosting vs a blurry ghosted 160hz mess with bad colors because of a gimmick.
I'm not surpised that users never noticed the ghosting as most are just casuals who pretend to be a pro anyways. 90Hz is where it's at.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

160hz is a gimmick at best, it's not like any game will run beyond 90fps stable anyways. I don't see any reason to have a display beyond 90hz on a mobile phone until we get truly high end devices that can handle more. I prefer a high quality 90hz panel with no ghosting vs a blurry ghosted 160hz mess with bad colors because of a gimmick.

I'm not surpised that users never noticed the ghosting as most are just casuals who pretend to be a pro anyways. 90Hz is where it's at.

View post
I mean, social media is kind of satisfying when scrolling on a fast network,160 hz is kind of a useful gimmick at best for that,but I've managed to see a stable 120hz in pubg mobile a while back so soon 120hz will be where it's at
And until I see a cherry picked processor for us again I won't be changing,I can't trust 888 with the current research...

momeimada
Rising Star I
MetalCore13

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version:-
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:-
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):-

Hi,

This Post Don't Contain Any Issues But I Am Or Probably Everyone Expecting Major Updates.

I Hope Asus Will Give 160Hz Display Refresh Rate, 0% Black Crush With Android 11.

There Won't Be Any Competitor For ROG 3 With This Updates.

Thanks.

160Hz Refresh Rate, 0% Black Crush & Android 11.
🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161933#Comment_161933

I mean, social media is kind of satisfying when scrolling on a fast network,160 hz is kind of a useful gimmick at best for that,but I've managed to see a stable 120hz in pubg mobile a while back so soon 120hz will be where it's at

And until I see a cherry picked processor for us again I won't be changing,I can't trust 888 with the current research...

View post
I could set the game to 90fps vs 120fps and you wouldnt be able to tell the difference with your eyes.