This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not charge Zenbook 14 UX425J - Maybe Power Delivery FW upgrade?

PJD
Star II
System: Bios 304, GOP 14.0.1033, EC Version 3.04
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX425J i5-1035G1
Frequency of occurrence: Always (after Update?)
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello!
I have set up a new ASUS Zenbook 14 UX425J. After all Updates from Windows Update I installed also all Updates from the Driver Site. Now I can't charge it anymore and both USB-C ports a dead - is it possible that the Power Delivery FW upgrade V1.0 is not compatible? Why would it install then?
In Device-Manager the USDB-Device USM-USCI ACPI-Device is not functioning and the charing LED is of. I tested the charger on another device (it's working) and another charger without luck.
I reseted the bios to defaults and did a reset by pressing the button more than 50 sek.
PS: I have just 35% battery left. This device can only be charged via USB-C
20 REPLIES 20

teunvanerp
Star I
Hi Blake,
I have the same problem as described above. I have a new ASUS Zenbook 14 UX425J, it work fine till last week. It indicates that the battery is 100% and is charging however the laptop does not work with the adapter connected.
When I see which battery drivers I have I only have the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, could the problem be that I miss the AC Adapter driver?
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Teun

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Teun,
Was there any update before the issue occurred? like BIOS or you also install that Power Delivery FW?
You may try to long press the power button for 40 seconds to reboot the device.
Let me know the result.
Thank you.

teunvanerp
Star I
Hey Blake,
Thanks for the quick answer. I did not install anything myself and check/updated all the drivers/Bios etc in the previous days, also tried the 40sec reboot it does not seems to do anything. Yesterday I reinstalled windows, which if I installed (power delivery FW) something wrong should redo this, right? However it did not work.
Any other advise?
Thanks

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
teunvanerp

Hi Blake,

I have the same problem as described above. I have a new ASUS Zenbook 14 UX425J, it work fine till last week. It indicates that the battery is 100% and is charging however the laptop does not work with the adapter connected.

When I see which battery drivers I have I only have the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, could the problem be that I miss the AC Adapter driver?

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Teun

View post
No need to install AC adapter driver to install.
Windows will manage automatically to charge battery

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Teun,
If you did install the wrong FW, it can not be redo. It's not a simple software.
Please enter BIOS, and load default setting again.
Hope it would work this time for you.
Thank you.