rangash03
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 2 8/128
Firmware Version:17.0240.2103.75
Rooted or not:NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:VERY FREQUENTLY
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I got my rog 2 and i am a moderate user.. I never played heavily or as such.
i started having these random shutdowns/restart issues a while back I thought it might be a software issue or something and the frequency was rare like once in a week.. so i ignored that.. The device was in warranty at that time.... but gradually the problem kept on increasing.. and now has it has reached to its worse.. leave aside gaming... even when I'm using the device for even a little heavy process .. the devices shuts down at any moment!.. I don't know what to do.. My device is more than a month out of warranty now.. Please tell me what should i do..
I'm from Hisar ( HARYANA) INDIA.!
16 REPLIES 16

ronald1985
Community Legend I
rangash03

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:ROG 2 8/128
  2. Firmware Version:17.0240.2103.75
  3. Rooted or not:NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:VERY FREQUENTLY
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I got my rog 2 and i am a moderate user.. I never played heavily or as such.

i started having these random shutdowns/restart issues a while back I thought it might be a software issue or something and the frequency was rare like once in a week.. so i ignored that.. The device was in warranty at that time.... but gradually the problem kept on increasing.. and now has it has reached to its worse.. leave aside gaming... even when I'm using the device for even a little heavy process .. the devices shuts down at any moment!.. I don't know what to do.. My device is more than a month out of warranty now.. Please tell me what should i do..

I'm from Hisar ( HARYANA) INDIA.!

Severe random shutdowns and reboots! Help
The advice from the moderators is to take your device to service centre.

rangash03
Star II
I took the device to service center.. They are saying that they will have to change the motherboard And that's gonna cost around 27k.. I mean like What!!... The device's faulty hardware is gonna cost me and it's not even my fault!.. Why should i pay when i have done nothing wrong... and this problem is really bad now.. making the device unusable!

ronald1985
Community Legend I
rangash03

I took the device to service center.. They are saying that they will have to change the motherboard And that's gonna cost around 27k.. I mean like What!!... The device's faulty hardware is gonna cost me and it's not even my fault!.. Why should i pay when i have done nothing wrong... and this problem is really bad now.. making the device unusable!

View post
That is because your device is out of warranty.
You can downgrade to Android 9 if you do not wish to pay that amount and see if that works. People have been reporting that works for them.

rangash03
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161839#Comment_161839

That is because your device is out of warranty.

You can downgrade to Android 9 if you do not wish to pay that amount and see if that works. People have been reporting that works for them.

View post
sure... gonna check today itself!