This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does replacing thermal paste help?

I have the Zenbook 14 with the Ryzen 4500U and MX350. I've been using it on my desk for a few months, but now that I have my desktop I am starting to use it on my lap more often, and it's AF. I have some Arctic Silver thermal compound left from my build, should I try to replace the thermal paste on my Zenbook? Has anyone tried it and got better thermals as a result?
1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
douknowwhathappenswhenuleave

I have the Zenbook 14 with the Ryzen 4500U and MX350. I've been using it on my desk for a few months, but now that I have my desktop I am starting to use it on my lap more often, and it's AF. I have some Arctic Silver thermal compound left from my build, should I try to replace the thermal paste on my Zenbook? Has anyone tried it and got better thermals as a result?

Does replacing thermal paste help?
In few cases , removing old thermal paste and applying good quality thermal paste is most helpful to reduce heat on Processor and on GPU.
You should not do by yourself. Instead you should take your laptop to nearest Asus service center and ask in-charged person to do