This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip camera toolbar not appearing?

darts
Star II
The flip camera toolbar doesn't appear anymore when I open the camera. It is enabled in settings, I've tried disabling and enabling it with and without restarts along the way and it still won't appear. The quick angle widget does appear in the camera app but not the flip camera toolbar. Is there another setting I need to change? I found it quite useful in the past.
screenshot-20210303-103402595.png
screenshot-20210303-103341470.png

15 REPLIES 15

darts
Star II
It's still missing for me. Regardless of icon or gesture mode.
Contacted support and they were utterly unhelpful, telling me to perform a factory reset which would require 2fa resets for a bunch of accounts.

darts
Star II
After switching from gesture navigation to button navigation, booting into safe mode, toggling the toolbar, rebooting and changing the navigation back to gesture-based: the flip toolbar now appears in some 3rd party apps (signal, gcam, threema) and when the flashlight is on. Which largely solves my problem.
It doesn't appear when the default camera app is used or in apps that make OS requests to take a picture/record media (see: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/MediaStore#ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE for a deep dive) as opposed to apps implementing their own interface with the camera2 Api

CVonC
Rising Star II
Your method didn't work for me. However, I have figured out that it's the "Accessibility Menu" that is the culprit because it appears as a fourth button in the navigation bar which is normally where the Flip Toolbar icon is. If I disable that, then the Flip Toolbar icon now appears in both system navigation styles.

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
I have a similar bit not same issue, i opened a thread but the problem has never been fixed : https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/39592/flip-camera-tool-shortcut-does-not-work

darts
Star II
Does the issue persist if system navigation is set to icon rather than gesture?