Zenfone 7's New Android 11 Update Bug

chiaming2345
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 7 128/8gb
Firmware Version: 30.40.30.93
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
========================================
The bug that I recently found within the new Android 11 update is when I go to an application that has medias and can rotate the video while watching, the home gesture slider doesn't go to bottom of the current orientation of the phone and you can slide the place where the gesture is supposed to be on and go to recent apps tab, but the indicator is on the other side of the screen and vise versa .
For example : Play a video in Youtube and tap the fullscreen icon within the app, the video rotates but the home indicator stays where it should be when it is in portrait mode instead of landscape mode which is the fullscreen of most youtube videos, you can also slide the indicator where it is supposed to be in landscape mode and enter recent apps, but the indicator slider is in the bottom of portrait mode, you can solve this problem by opening the recent apps screen and just go in and out of the app, the process is a hassle though.
Also, I set my phone's orientation to portrait mode, I only use landscape while watching videos.
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem as me, but I can't wait till the next update for this bug to be fix.
Thanks ASUS
67 REPLIES 67

rcledou
Star III
Hello,
Little feedback after the upgrade on my ZenFone 7 pro.
Everything seem to work, just faced an issue with the launcher after the update.
The automatic switch from white/dark theme didn't work at all.
I've clean cache and data of the launcher app, and then it worked without problems.
If you apply the same workaround as me, you'll list all icons on your homes screen.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
chiaming2345

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161034#Comment_161034

Not yet, and I have even tried using the stock launcher again, but the same thing happens, I hope the next update could get here sooner, this is really getting out of hand. Sometimes my phone will get stuck at one orientation when I am using it with another. It is hard to demonstrate, but it is the same as the one I had posted earlier but more laggy and sometimes would freeze on the spot.

View post
I feel you but I think it may be a while unless when they release A11 for the general public it has a fix in it .
One thing I have noticed is my battery seems to be lasting much longer, like much longer. I don't have stats yet but I will post them later.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I have gone back to A10 the Miracast function doesn't work properly on A11 the audio and video are out of sync and the audio comes from the phone and not the screen you are casting to. Pity because I kind of liked A11 . Maybe there will be a fix when it's finally released to the masses

chiaming2345
Star II
Roystoys

I have gone back to A10 the Miracast function doesn't work properly on A11 the audio and video are out of sync and the audio comes from the phone and not the screen you are casting to. Pity because I kind of liked A11 . Maybe there will be a fix when it's finally released to the masses

View post
I also have this bug, but mine doesn't cast to the TV at all. A11 is already released in Taiwan. That is why I had it by fota update. I don't want to downgrade to A10 cuz' battery optimization is a plus for me.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
chiaming2345

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161470#Comment_161470

I also have this bug, but mine doesn't cast to the TV at all. A11 is already released in Taiwan. That is why I had it by fota update. I don't want to downgrade to A10 cuz' battery optimization is a plus for me.

View post
I have just ( yesterday) updated via FOTA and the Miracast function works perfectly. I have tried it on a Roku unit and my 2019 Toyota HiAce without a problem.
On the 30.40.30.93 TW version via the Asus site it was terrible but now it's fine.
Not sure about your battery issue I think it's much better on 30.40.30.96 version. The brightest used to go to about 90 something but now it goes to about 40 on Auto. Much better than A10 .
Not sure what else to say but maybe try to do a hard reset and see if that works.
Before I update to a new firmware I always run something like the ,,fill full ram app,, just to clear all the caches and bring the ROM back to minimul, don't know if it really helps but I know it doesn't hurt, especially if you have old files on your device this just clears it all up and usually the download goes much quicker
PS sorry I just reread your post and yes the battery definitely lasts longer on A11 . If you are on 30.40.30.93 try downloading 30.40.30.96 and I think you will find your problem solved