Did you mean: 

Request for Asus ROG phone 5, files and tools

mmgxmm
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version: WW_18.0830.2101.81
Rooted or not: No, not yet
I have the ROG phone 5, tencent edition, i recieved it with global firmware, i tried to use the bootloader unlock app, but the phone reboots into its previous state with out formatting.

I'm requesting to have all necessary tools and files so i can get the phone to function properly
RAW files, ROM files tools to flash them, and proper bootloader unlock method

appreciate your support
37 REPLIES 37

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Useless and shallow? from a user who was stupid enough to get scammed expecting free service.
Not grey market? Tencent version with global rom is now considered legit because you want it to be? Don't be silly.
Oneplus having superior support? Looking at the black crush complaints I cannot see that anywhere :'D
You are the people? You can clone yourself or something? Pretty sure I exist even without you getting scammed.

I am a forum user who has common sense. I can write into nonsense crying topics like these whenever I want. Also calling someone an ASUS fanboy that literally made topics informing people about what a mess the Rog5 is is quite hilarious as it is. You have perfecly demonstrated how ignorant you truly are.
They did enough warnings, the fact that they need to send a huge sign with it to your adress until you get it is quite concerning to say the least.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
The bottom line is you won't get support on how to unlock a bootloader (again) on Zentalk as your reseller has unlocked the device officially already.
This is why I have suggested XDA on earlier post if you're willing to continue to have what you have. Otherwise, you will need to settle it through your reseller/authority body. ASUS is just the supplier of the phones, what resellers do is up to them really.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
mmgxmm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161395#Comment_161395

yeah i agree ASUS support team in this forum can not help me as they seem useless and a bit shallow.

and yes i agree i did a mistake, that mistake was purchasing asus device. not from grey market as you claim. but because they do not own up to thier users.

and no it was not huweaie it was oneplus. ehich has a far superior support team and use valuation.

and I am the people, I am the user, I am the buyer. with out me. Asus do not exist, you do not exist.

and finally, you do not carry any official forum title. nor are you on the moderators list. so i am assuming you are a fan boy. and the worst type of them. and it seems you are the reason such support is not provided to users, because you are always happy about your favorite corporation in the world that you answer every survey and pulse check with all good boss. carry on. and if all is good and well they will not provide the required support. i have seen apple fanboys, samsung. but asus, in the mobile division, i have not. P.S i am asus fanboy, however in the PC component and laptops, not mobile. they have a very long road to earn such a status.

so i suggest, either you a solution in unlocking bootloader of such evices, else shut it and move on. the original post was not meant for you, it was mean to forum support team.

Have a good one, fan boy.

View post
Lmao you are the people? If the people are like you then I would love to be an alien
I am also the user and the buyer,I paid 1333 euros including some accessories for the rog 3,and you think me and everyone who paid OFFICIALLY to either don't get scammed or to support the company, don't exist? What's wrong with you?
You do know that ASUS doesn't care for just 1 customer,legit even if you don't support them,I will,and anyone who is TRULY satisfied with their asus devices
And lastly I still think I exist,even if you believe otherwise so think again buddy

saad8860
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161210#Comment_161210

Wrong, It's no solution to waste ressources after users have decided to cheap out on ASUS and buy from scetchy resellers. YOU decided to not give money for support and help, then don't expect support and help.

ASUS has made it very clear that tencent models are much cheaper and don't have warranty + support. The fact that you still expect full support is quite ridiculous.

View post
@Danishblunt  The fact that you keep acting like you are the best ASUS EMPLOYEE ever is really funny( incase it is not obvious you are just a member so act like it).
The fact that this here is supposed to be a community to discuss and troubleshoot any technical difficulty by mods and users is funny with somebody like yourself.
The fact that you continue to respond with warranty excuse is just funny.
The fact that we are requesting unlock tools and firmwares (tools that void warranty , duh, hence warranty excuse is funny).
The fact that the user has already lost his money and got a device with no warranty and seeking help from the community with people like you is funny.

I had hoped that We would find a good supporting community with Asus (first experience with ASUS), but to the contrary this community has shown the lack of technical knowledge to advice the users seeking help from them.

P.S from experience Ulefone has better Knowledgeable people who can design a phone and set documentation, firmware and tools for users to handle their devices what ever way they please. and they use Google drive (come on). For this I blame ASUS.
More P.S I am not sure how good or how big is Ulefone but that is what I have experienced.

😞

saad8860
Star II
All I can see are people who Think they are Asus Support employees(you are not, you are supposed to be users who share good information with others), , if you don't have the information requested then don't just go on commenting nonsense.
Every one using warranty excuse here in a community where users share information is not an excuse you know why specially in the thread it is because THE USER WANTS TO VOID WARRANTY HE IS LOOKING FOR WAYS ON HOW TO VOID WARRANTY

To let you know I contacted the REAL ASUS SUPPORT and guess what they know that my device is Chinese with global rom and they helped me with unlocking my device.
THIS IS AN ILL COMMUNITY.
specially @Danishblunt I think you need to see a doctor.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭