Did you mean: 

Request for Asus ROG phone 5, files and tools

mmgxmm
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version: WW_18.0830.2101.81
Rooted or not: No, not yet
I have the ROG phone 5, tencent edition, i recieved it with global firmware, i tried to use the bootloader unlock app, but the phone reboots into its previous state with out formatting.

I'm requesting to have all necessary tools and files so i can get the phone to function properly
RAW files, ROM files tools to flash them, and proper bootloader unlock method

appreciate your support
37 REPLIES 37

mmgxmm
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161210#Comment_161210

Wrong, It's no solution to waste ressources after users have decided to cheap out on ASUS and buy from scetchy resellers. YOU decided to not give money for support and help, then don't expect support and help.

ASUS has made it very clear that tencent models are much cheaper and don't have warranty + support. The fact that you still expect full support is quite ridiculous.

View post
cheeping out? I paid over 1200$ for this device. how the hell did i cheap out on asus?

i looked for devices, found this, the reseller said this is TenCent with global ROM, in my ignorance with ASUS product, and my more than pleasurable experience with other manufacturer Chinese phones with global rom devices. i proceeded into buying this device.

so i would request that you reconsider your impression of cheaping out.

at the END ASUS made a device, Made it available in the market, who ever distributed it did, eventually a consumer paid for the device with thier money. the consumer owns all the right to the god damn device.

so do not lecture me about cheaping out
and do not lecture me about why i should care for ASUS, on the contrary, ASUS should care for me.

i am thier profit stream

NBPDC505
Star III
mmgxmm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161354#Comment_161354

cheeping out? I paid over 1200$ for this device. how the hell did i cheap out on asus?

i looked for devices, found this, the reseller said this is TenCent with global ROM, in my ignorance with ASUS product, and my more than pleasurable experience with other manufacturer Chinese phones with global rom devices. i proceeded into buying this device.

at the END ASUS made a device, Made it available in the market, who ever distributed it did, eventually a consumer paid for the device with thier money. the consumer owns all the right to the god damn device.

and do not lecture me about why i should care for ASUS, on the contrary, ASUS should care for me.

i am thier profit stream

View post
The moral of the story is you should have waited for an official seller with official software in your country but didn't so this is on you 100%. I can't fathom the mindset that makes you believe you're entitled to anything from a modified grey market device.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mmgxmm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161354#Comment_161354

i am thier profit stream

View post
1.) Because tencent models are cheaper, the fact that you have been absolutely ripped off is a different matter. If you look at previous models, tencent models typically are 300-400usd cheaper compared to global versions.
2.) Correct, you were the one doing the bad decision and mistakes, not ASUS. You had a Huawei according to your own statement and they don't oficially support unlocking bootloader on their newer devices, so this means it shouldnt have been news to you that you might not be able to unlock the bootloader or have limited bootloader unlock attemps. Even some samsung devices aren't unlockable: https://www.reddit.com/r/androidroot/comments/kvg8df/bootloader_not_unlocking_in_samsung_a01/
3.) Exacly you're free to attempt to unlock the bootloader but do it at your own time. You can do whatever you want with it, but not with tools provided by ASUS. If you want to unlock bootloader and mod your device then by all means do so, nobody is stopping you from doing it.
4.) Nope, why should ASUS care for you? They should care for you if you purchased oficially from them and didn't tamper with the phone that voids their warranty. The one who should care for you is the seller that sold a modified phone, not ASUS.

Stop wasting your time here, ASUS cannot help you. You need to take the fight to the reseller that scammed you, you know he scammed you, there is clear evidence that you have been scammed so why not take it to the platform the seller used to sell the product to you?

mmgxmm
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161390#Comment_161390

1.) Because tencent models are cheaper, the fact that you have been absolutely ripped off is a different matter. If you look at previous models, tencent models typically are 300-400usd cheaper compared to global versions.

2.) Correct, you were the one doing the bad decision and mistakes, not ASUS. You had a Huawei according to your own statement and they don't oficially support unlocking bootloader on their newer devices, so this means it shouldnt have been news to you that you might not be able to unlock the bootloader or have limited bootloader unlock attemps. Even some samsung devices aren't unlockable: https://www.reddit.com/r/androidroot/comments/kvg8df/bootloader_not_unlocking_in_samsung_a01/

3.) Exacly you're free to attempt to unlock the bootloader but do it at your own time. You can do whatever you want with it, but not with tools provided by ASUS. If you want to unlock bootloader and mod your device then by all means do so, nobody is stopping you from doing it.

4.) Nope, why should ASUS care for you? They should care for you if you purchased oficially from them and didn't tamper with the phone that voids their warranty. The one who should care for you is the seller that sold a modified phone, not ASUS.

Stop wasting your time here, ASUS cannot help you. You need to take the fight to the reseller that scammed you, you know he scammed you, there is clear evidence that you have been scammed so why not take it to the platform the seller used to sell the product to you?

View post
yeah i agree ASUS support team in this forum can not help me as they seem useless and a bit shallow.

and yes i agree i did a mistake, that mistake was purchasing asus device. not from grey market as you claim. but because they do not own up to thier users.

and no it was not huweaie it was oneplus. ehich has a far superior support team and use valuation.

and I am the people, I am the user, I am the buyer. with out me. Asus do not exist, you do not exist.

and finally, you do not carry any official forum title. nor are you on the moderators list. so i am assuming you are a fan boy. and the worst type of them. and it seems you are the reason such support is not provided to users, because you are always happy about your favorite corporation in the world that you answer every survey and pulse check with all good boss. carry on. and if all is good and well they will not provide the required support. i have seen apple fanboys, samsung. but asus, in the mobile division, i have not. P.S i am asus fanboy, however in the PC component and laptops, not mobile. they have a very long road to earn such a status.

so i suggest, either you a solution in unlocking bootloader of such evices, else shut it and move on. the original post was not meant for you, it was mean to forum support team.

Have a good one, fan boy.

mmgxmm
Star II
they could have released a warning in thier press release. be ware of tencent sold in global. do not buy, shaddy, un approved. buyers we want your best intrest.