Did you mean: 

Request for Asus ROG phone 5, files and tools

mmgxmm
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version: WW_18.0830.2101.81
Rooted or not: No, not yet
I have the ROG phone 5, tencent edition, i recieved it with global firmware, i tried to use the bootloader unlock app, but the phone reboots into its previous state with out formatting.

I'm requesting to have all necessary tools and files so i can get the phone to function properly
RAW files, ROM files tools to flash them, and proper bootloader unlock method

appreciate your support
37 REPLIES 37

Aryan202
Community Legend I
mmgxmm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161001#Comment_161001

no i didnpt do the reasearch because it is basic android knowledge that if you want to unlok bootloader you can,

also as i stated earlier, i did not use asus before, therefor unaware that the bootloader unlock is one time only.

yes i do hold asus responsible for taking such action against the end user, when they should pursue to limit the resellers from doing what they do not want them doing.

it is asus's responsibility to either find me a solution or go and hunt down these resellers.

the reseller i bought from has no resposibility towards me, as he advertised it as tencent with global ROM.

i have used multiple brands before that were chinese converted to global. non had such issue. oneplus, xiaomi, huweaei. etc.

simply put, you can't control it, devices are being shipped all over the world, its just plain stuiped to punish the customer.

find alternate solution to your problem or stop manfacturing

View post
Asus has always said Tencent models with global rom is not an combination they sell
Tencent = China specific model
If you check Rog 2/3 forums there are posts on both those forums to warn against buying tencent models (not that the difference Is a lot) just about band support and no fota as long as you know what you're getting into the lower priced Tencent models are actually a sweet deal
Plus I don't think Asus has started global sales yet the only Rog 5's I see in the wild right now are the Tencent variants
The resellers flash WW rom on it and I think some probably don't even clarify the models the buyer must check the seller info carefully imo anyways this is not something that is under asus's control

mmgxmm
Star II
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161015#Comment_161015

Asus has always said Tencent models with global rom is not an combination they sell

Tencent = China specific model

If you check Rog 2/3 forums there are posts on both those forums to warn against buying tencent models (not that the difference Is a lot) just about band support and no fota as long as you know what you're getting into the lower priced Tencent models are actually a sweet deal

Plus I don't think Asus has started global sales yet the only Rog 5's I see in the wild right now are the Tencent variants

The resellers flash WW rom on it and I think some probably don't even clarify the models the buyer must check the seller info carefully imo anyways this is not something that is under asus's control

View post
ok, i agree on all of what you've said, however, asus's best solution to this problem is to provide support for us users, who were victims to 1- no knowledge of asus ecosystem 2- resellers who do not provide all fact although they know of such issues with tencent edition that were reflashed with ww firmware.

i really hope someone can help us.
i really like my asus Rog 5, and do not want to sell it for very cheap because i could not use it as i desire.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mmgxmm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161121#Comment_161121

ok, i agree on all of what you've said, however, asus's best solution to this problem is to provide support for us users, who were victims to 1- no knowledge of asus ecosystem 2- resellers who do not provide all fact although they know of such issues with tencent edition that were reflashed with ww firmware.

i really hope someone can help us.

i really like my asus Rog 5, and do not want to sell it for very cheap because i could not use it as i desire.

View post
Wrong, It's no solution to waste ressources after users have decided to cheap out on ASUS and buy from scetchy resellers. YOU decided to not give money for support and help, then don't expect support and help.
ASUS has made it very clear that tencent models are much cheaper and don't have warranty + support. The fact that you still expect full support is quite ridiculous.

saad8860
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161210#Comment_161210

Wrong, It's no solution to waste ressources after users have decided to cheap out on ASUS and buy from scetchy resellers. YOU decided to not give money for support and help, then don't expect support and help.

ASUS has made it very clear that tencent models are much cheaper and don't have warranty + support. The fact that you still expect full support is quite ridiculous.

View post
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161015#Comment_161015

1.) You're funny, some android phones are not unlockable, you should know that if you're indeed doing research. Huawei which you named yourself being one of them not being unlockable.

2.) Doesn't matter if you used ASUS before or not, doing research would have let you known about it beforehand.

3.) There is only so much ASUS can do about it, if anything you should do something about the site/seller itself.

4.) None of those things are ASUS's responsibility. It's your responsibility as a consumer to do research before you purchase. All ASUS's responsibility is to inform the potential customers about scummy practices, which ASUS does as you can see in the zentalk forums.

5.) If he advertised it as a tencent with global rom then you're the one who has to deal with it.

Basicially, you're the one that needs to find a solution yourself, you purchased a phone that knowingly has been crossflashed meaning you dropped both support and warranty. You cannot expect ASUS to support you because you forfeited it the moment you purchased the phone.

View post
I wrote a long reply but it did not post 😞
so here I go again.
The fact that you are using warranty as an excuse is funnier than the user requesting Unlock tools that would void their warranty anyway.
The fact that you keep acting like you are the best Asus employee is more funnier ( you are just a user hording for the leaderboard so just act like it)
This is my first experience with ASUS device and community, it is not promising as of now.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
saad8860

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161354#Comment_161354

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161115#Comment_161115

I wrote a long reply but it did not post 😞

so here I go again.

The fact that you are using warranty as an excuse is funnier than the user requesting Unlock tools that would void their warranty anyway.

The fact that you keep acting like you are the best Asus employee is more funnier ( you are just a user hording for the leaderboard so just act like it)

This is my first experience with ASUS device and community, it is not promising as of now.

View post
Imagine the following scenario:
You're selling cars, now a company buys a lot of cards from you, then modifies them, causing them to malfunction way more than usual. Now a bunch of people are calling you wanting free repairs and free support and time from your employees which you have to pay monthly.
You have 2 choices:
1.) Help tons of people and go bankrupt because you're constantly losing money
2.) Tell them warranty void because it literally says so in your contract when selling the product and stay as a company.

Guess what ASUS is choosing? This is exacly why you're not owning a company because you'd do piss poor decisions.
As for the leaderboard blah blah, who even cares?