This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX581GV keyboard backlight

realstephenbair
Star III
Can anyone confirm that the keyboard backlight (F7 key) works when in the BIOS setup screen? I'm trying to narrow this down to a missing driver or a hardware issue.
13 REPLIES 13

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Well, your only other options are to uninstall asus drivers and reinstall them again, namely the ones responsible for the FN Keys.
Follow this article:
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix Keyboard problems | Official Support | ASUS GlobalNevertheless, I think you'll have the same outcome, if you read the instructions correctly you see that for:
Fn+F5/F6/F7/F8 -- Monitor brightness/on & off/Toggle Display mode -- Installation of driver & utility is not required
There's hope in the above procedure though, because it mentions Monitor brightness and display mode for F5~F7 keys, and AFAIK in your case they do different things.
Other option is to make a brand new installation of windows and drivers...

realstephenbair
Star III
I appreciate your response. None of that has worked however. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers (my laptop has ASUS System Control Interface V2) many times.

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
See this post
ahmed.fawzy.abdaal2
  1. System: Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
  2. Model: UM431D
  3. =======================

Detailed description:

Hello,

I Bought an Asus Zenbook 14 UM431D Today And Started It And Completed The Windows Setup And HotKeys Was Working Fine But After Updgrading Windows To Windows Insider Latest Version HotKeys Stopped Working I tried Many Solutions And Installed ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys App From Windows Store But Nothing Changed, So What Can I Do?

FN Hotkeys Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update
Specially last comment... perhaps this is the solution for you also.

realstephenbair
Star III
Thanks, but the "ATK Package" is not applicable to this laptop. If I understand correctly, ASUS laptops either use the ATK package or the ASUS System Control Interface V2. I've uninstalled/reinstalled this several times. All other hotkeys are working.