ramzi_bourguiba
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 5
Firmware Version: latest update
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Bypass feature is not working on my new rogphone 5, when the bypass activated and I'm playing at the same time the battery continue to discharge I tried many times to reactivate it but always the same prob the battery continue to discharge, note that I'm using another third party charger that gives 30w
3 REPLIES 3

saad8860
Star II
I have the same issue
bypass charging and the battery still discharges

saad8860
Star II
ramzi_bourguiba

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: latest update
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Bypass feature is not working on my new rogphone 5, when the bypass activated and I'm playing at the same time the battery continue to discharge I tried many times to reactivate it but always the same prob the battery continue to discharge, note that I'm using another third party charger that gives 30w

Bypass problem with the rogphone 5
Hey @ramzi_bourguiba just wanted to let you know that I used the original charger 65W and the bypass charging is working fine battery stayed 100% all the time.
and to just highlight that Hyper charging 65 did not work with third party 65W charger it says fast charging only although it support the same power delivery.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
saad8860

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46561/bypass-problem-with-the-rogphone-5

Hey @ramzi_bourguiba just wanted to let you know that I used the original charger 65W and the bypass charging is working fine battery stayed 100% all the time.

and to just highlight that Hyper charging 65 did not work with third party 65W charger it says fast charging only although it support the same power delivery.

View post
Becoz hypercharger is a proprietary technology and will only work with proprietary hardware but asus is generous enough to support other fast charging standards which can still charge device quite fast