cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low brightness for Asus rog phone 3

vaibhavmenta200
Star II
Hello sir,
I'm using rog 3 for 6 months, I waited for this long hoping you guys can give update for low brightness for Asus rog phone 3, but you guys didn't. Actually my old can decrease brightness more than rog because I'm using this rog 3 my eyes are paining. I hope you guys give update for more than current brightness decrease rate.
Thank you.
16 REPLIES 16

Aryan202
Community Legend I
hank_email_is

I bought rog 3 when it was released, in the beginning the minimum brightness was lower, but because ppl complained bad color, red tint, when it was low so asus bumped it up in an update .

If they did bump down ppl will complain, but I personally prefer bump down the brightness, my screen seems ok not super bad as ppl said

View post
Yup this was probably done purposefully
To mask the tint,black crush a bit the first thing OEMs do in such "fixes" is to increase the minimum brightness this can be seen in many recent phones with such complains

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
When I worked on my kernel I also dropped the minimum brightness because I had the same issues as you guys with extremely crushed blacks and such. The reason ASUS has set the minimum brightness higher is because of that reason, the screen was almost not usable. It can be fixed tho which I have proven before but it takes some work.