Did you mean: 

Request for Asus ROG phone 5, files and tools

mmgxmm
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version: WW_18.0830.2101.81
Rooted or not: No, not yet
I have the ROG phone 5, tencent edition, i recieved it with global firmware, i tried to use the bootloader unlock app, but the phone reboots into its previous state with out formatting.

I'm requesting to have all necessary tools and files so i can get the phone to function properly
RAW files, ROM files tools to flash them, and proper bootloader unlock method

appreciate your support
37 REPLIES 37

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mmgxmm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160959#Comment_160959

brother from another mother.

i am already stuck. i used to buy other brands that were meant for chinese market, and was able to use them with no issues.

the resller informed me that this device was tencent edition, and i agreed, not knowing that asus implements bootloader restrictions.

now when i ask the reseller to take back the device, he refused.

this is my first experience with asus. why should i be punished because asus is unable to control thier resellers and jamming thier wrath on the poor end user.

if asus do not want thier chinese market devices to reach global markest, then the solution is to hunt down the reseller, not make things harder for the end user.

i own a device, i paid the amound due. i should have all the right to do with it as i please.

its either asus, gives me my rightful permessions, or should arrange to replace my current device with a proper device.

if you gys are replacing my device, i would ultimate pls

View post
It is very well documented that unlocking the bootloader via the tool only works once, it was also known on the Rog3 as well.
You cannot make ASUS responsible for being scammed, that is just ridicolous. You're the one that didn't do his research despite being threads all over the zentalk forums and warnings about tencent versions being flashed with global versions. This even goes back to even the Rog2 and Rog3.
You have the right to do whatever you please, but you cannot expect ASUS to support you when you do so. You have to find other ways to unlock the bootloader again. ASUS uses to tool to unlock the bootloader to blacklist devices and make sure warranty is void. You also won't get the ROG updater to work and have to manually install updates. Only thing you can do is get support from the company or site you purchased the phone from. You cannot expect ASUS to help you in any way.

mmgxmm
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160963#Comment_160963

It is very well documented that unlocking the bootloader via the tool only works once, it was also known on the Rog3 as well.

You cannot make ASUS responsible for being scammed, that is just ridicolous. You're the one that didn't do his research despite being threads all over the zentalk forums and warnings about tencent versions being flashed with global versions. This even goes back to even the Rog2 and Rog3.

You have the right to do whatever you please, but you cannot expect ASUS to support you when you do so. You have to find other ways to unlock the bootloader again. ASUS uses to tool to unlock the bootloader to blacklist devices and make sure warranty is void. You also won't get the ROG updater to work and have to manually install updates. Only thing you can do is get support from the company or site you purchased the phone from. You cannot expect ASUS to help you in any way.

View post
no i didnpt do the reasearch because it is basic android knowledge that if you want to unlok bootloader you can,

also as i stated earlier, i did not use asus before, therefor unaware that the bootloader unlock is one time only.

yes i do hold asus responsible for taking such action against the end user, when they should pursue to limit the resellers from doing what they do not want them doing.

it is asus's responsibility to either find me a solution or go and hunt down these resellers.
the reseller i bought from has no resposibility towards me, as he advertised it as tencent with global ROM.

i have used multiple brands before that were chinese converted to global. non had such issue. oneplus, xiaomi, huweaei. etc.

simply put, you can't control it, devices are being shipped all over the world, its just plain stuiped to punish the customer.
find alternate solution to your problem or stop manfacturing

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mmgxmm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161001#Comment_161001

no i didnpt do the reasearch because it is basic android knowledge that if you want to unlok bootloader you can,

also as i stated earlier, i did not use asus before, therefor unaware that the bootloader unlock is one time only.

yes i do hold asus responsible for taking such action against the end user, when they should pursue to limit the resellers from doing what they do not want them doing.

it is asus's responsibility to either find me a solution or go and hunt down these resellers.

the reseller i bought from has no resposibility towards me, as he advertised it as tencent with global ROM.

i have used multiple brands before that were chinese converted to global. non had such issue. oneplus, xiaomi, huweaei. etc.

simply put, you can't control it, devices are being shipped all over the world, its just plain stuiped to punish the customer.

View post
Your intention was to unlock your bootloader anyway from the other thread, so it doesn't really make any difference whether ASUS helps or reseller refuses. With regards to unlock again, you should visit XDA as I have mentioned in the other thread.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mmgxmm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161001#Comment_161001

View post
1.) You're funny, some android phones are not unlockable, you should know that if you're indeed doing research. Huawei which you named yourself being one of them not being unlockable.
2.) Doesn't matter if you used ASUS before or not, doing research would have let you known about it beforehand.
3.) There is only so much ASUS can do about it, if anything you should do something about the site/seller itself.
4.) None of those things are ASUS's responsibility. It's your responsibility as a consumer to do research before you purchase. All ASUS's responsibility is to inform the potential customers about scummy practices, which ASUS does as you can see in the zentalk forums.
5.) If he advertised it as a tencent with global rom then you're the one who has to deal with it.
Basicially, you're the one that needs to find a solution yourself, you purchased a phone that knowingly has been crossflashed meaning you dropped both support and warranty. You cannot expect ASUS to support you because you forfeited it the moment you purchased the phone.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161015#Comment_161015

1.) You're funny, some android phones are not unlockable, you should know that if you're indeed doing research. Huawei which you named yourself being one of them not being unlockable.

2.) Doesn't matter if you used ASUS before or not, doing research would have let you known about it beforehand.

3.) There is only so much ASUS can do about it, if anything you should do something about the site/seller itself.

4.) None of those things are ASUS's responsibility. It's your responsibility as a consumer to do research before you purchase. All ASUS's responsibility is to inform the potential customers about scummy practices, which ASUS does as you can see in the zentalk forums.

5.) If he advertised it as a tencent with global rom then you're the one who has to deal with it.

Basicially, you're the one that needs to find a solution yourself, you purchased a phone that knowingly has been crossflashed meaning you dropped both support and warranty. You cannot expect ASUS to support you because you forfeited it the moment you purchased the phone.

View post
You need to actually pay Huawei like 60$ for the unlock code lmao and their development (Open Kirin) is pretty much dead anyways
Gcam compatibility is too not that great