Model: UX581GV.308
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
Battery or AC: Both
System: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042S
========================
Detailed description:
The 2nd screen of the UX581GV has ghosting pixels showing some lines of the default background image over other programs opened in full mode. It's a complete mess. Is there software to fix this?
9 REPLIES 9

Liviu
Rising Star II
It is difficult to capture it with a mobile camera, but in real life, it is more noticeable.

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
In fact that's not noticeable in the picture so try the test.
If it appears even on boot time then, I think, you have a problem with the screen. Send it to a repair centre would be my advice. Perhaps @Blake_ASUS could help a little further and give you ways to test.
I remember that in cell phones there are softwares to remove shadow pictures that stay on the screen after it being displaying the same image for a long period. I don't know if this is the case, or if there is some software to aid or not.
See this Asus page for a breef explanation
[Notebook] OLED Burn-in on screen | Official Support | ASUS Global

Liviu
Rising Star II
MotoWiZ

In fact that's not noticeable in the picture so try the test.

If it appears even on boot time then, I think, you have a problem with the screen. Send it to a repair centre would be my advice. Perhaps @Blake_ASUS could help a little further and give you ways to test.

I remember that in cell phones there are softwares to remove shadow pictures that stay on the screen after it being displaying the same image for a long period. I don't know if this is the case, or if there is some software to aid or not.

See this Asus page for a breef explanation

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045098/

View post
It's strange because the bottom screen is not OLED, si IPS and it shouldn't produce any burins.

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
You are right, but what I was talking about wasn't burn-in but image retention, like shadowing... because of that I referred softwares to try to remove/clean this ghost images.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Liviu,
It would be better if you can send the device to service center and let our engineers examine it physically.
Then would be easier to diagnose the issue.
You may share the RAM with me and I will dig in internally.
Thank you.