This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fear to update my Z6 due to ongoing motherboard failure issue

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
I am loving my z6 but in fear that it may stop working anytime due to genenius Asus engineers. A motherboard failure in any phone is hard to do asus proved that it is very easy and any stable fota update can break your phone. No doubt phone is good but asus is killing me. @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS u guys are awesome and supporting us with answering all our doubts. can anyone of you inform us how can we check that our phone is safe or are we on mercy of god and any updatr can break and make our phone dead? I know it is not 1000usd phone but even a 50usd phones dont break like z6 is breaking. if your stable update can break motherboard then what beta will do??? This is serious quality issue from asus. I am feeling like z6 is manufactured to be break one by one after each update. I love updates but after z6 hardware issue i always pray not to have any update. Hope u will understand our issue and clearify us if my z6 is safe and will be safe in future updates as well?
All 2019 flagship are preparing to get android 10 and z6 still fighting with call quality and worst hardware failure issue with each update someone report that their device broken.
#I DONT WANT TO BREAK MY Z6
36 REPLIES 36

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
What firmware version are you currently on? I don't think there's any way to predict weather an update will trigger the motherboard malfunction. If any update does that, that means your device already had a faulty motherboard and it only required some software trigger to start showing. That said, all phones that had a malfunctioned motherboard have had this issue post the 167 fota and all updates after that. So if you made it through 167 without any problems, your device shouldn't have any issues with new updates

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
I am on .191. I dont know your backgroud but I am a techi and believe me u need some extra skills to break motherboard...faulty motherboard wont work on any version of fota... asus did something in .167 which caused issue. Either accepting poor software all blame goes to hardware. we all use and customize phone in our onway so i think it was triggerd in devices with perticular customization or usage and that's what i want to know from @Anders_ASUS and @CH_ASUS
This hardware failure was biggest setback for asus and z6 and a beatiful device killed by its own creator. I can not recommend this device to anyone until asus come forward and let usbknow if it some serial phones impacted or all the phones? And you said no one can predict about future updates so will u buy a phone which can any time break in future. Right now everyone is in confusion .167 is just curtain and issue is something else like call quality and later on everyone came to know it is design issue so motherboard failure is also a design issue. My phone is still running so i want to understand should i keep it or sale before any new ghost update and failure? @Anders_ASUS and @CH_ASUS please clear our doubts and if u are not aware then will atleast raise it and let us know why to waste so many people money and time? I am loving z6 but uncertain about tomorrow if it will work !

GamerArc
Rising Star II
There is actually a very simple precautionary measure. Hold off on updating for a few days whenever a new update comes.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
@gouravjoshi100 There is no curtain or conspiracy.
If your phone is still working fine then you will not have this issue. Most of the devices that have show the restart issue did so within the first month.
Updating your software won't brick your phone.
These units would eventually have restarted anyway but the software updates accelerated it.
We don't know which devices that are affected, because then we could find them but we know number is low. The risk of buying a device that will crash/restart, is very small. I have counted about 30 users in this forum and we have about the same number in the Taiwanese section of Zentalk. Then there are of course also other forums but all in all we're talking about a very small amount compared to how many units we have sold.
You don't need to worry.