This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

Vamp
Zen Master I
Yuran

Thanks guys, they seem ok. Lets do the following, Can you please test again later today and post again? One thing in mind, no reboots in between the tests please. I ask this, because when my phone starts to lag, only a reboot seems to fix it temporarily. I have done all sorts of troubleshooting, hard reset, auto start apps, etc etc...my phone just lags, fps drops a lot. Lets wait and see your results later today, without reboots please. Thank you!

View post
screenshot-20210331-163436699.jpg
I Can do this all day 🙂
screenshot-20210331-163620186-1.jpg

Freddetj
Star III
I just checked displayhz.com. No matter if I set the phone to 60, 90 or 120 the site reported back 60! Strange cause in menus etc i could see the smoothness increase as it should on 90 and 120.
Rebooted and the website now reports correct values again... Will try later again to see if it goes back to showing only 60. Vsynctester.com showed the same behavior just to confirm with another tool/site.

Yuran
Rising Star I
Freddetj

I just checked displayhz.com. No matter if I set the phone to 60, 90 or 120 the site reported back 60! Strange cause in menus etc i could see the smoothness increase as it should on 90 and 120.

Rebooted and the website now reports correct values again... Will try later again to see if it goes back to showing only 60. Vsynctester.com showed the same behavior just to confirm with another tool/site.

View post
Exactly! And when this happens (vsyntester showing you less fps than your phone screen refresh rate, don't you notice your phone lagging, fps dropping simply by navigating through the UI?

Yuran
Rising Star I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160727#Comment_160727

screenshot-20210331-163436699.jpg

I Can do this all day 🙂

screenshot-20210331-163620186-1.jpg

View post
thanks Vamp. Try again tomorrow on both displayhz.com and vsynctester.com, no reboots in between please. Thank you 😀

Vamp
Zen Master I
Yuran

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160762#Comment_160762

thanks Vamp. Try again tomorrow on both displayhz.com and vsynctester.com, no reboots in between please. Thank you 😀

View post
Hi, I'm not attaching ss again but still my fps was slightly above 90 and system up time was 147hr.
Sorry mate but there is something running in the background which is interrupting your user experience.
Please look into your cpu usage in armoury crate Console, with everything else cleared from the recent.
If your CPU usage after 1-2 seconds does not go to 826MHz and stay stable at 826MHz without you touching anything, it will confirm that there is something in the background which is consuming CPU.
Also please check the temp, GPU usage and the ram with first after the restart and second time when your system starts lagging.