S_4
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 6z
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2103.137
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Many months ago my charging cable got damaged so I ordered another type C cable online which was completely working as original cable no delay in charging time & Screen on time. But recently , this cable got some inner damage don't know how . While plugging in into charging it shows only charging not Fast Charging. So I thought to buy a new cable so at that instance I used different cable to charge but for the first time battery gets charged in 1 hrs 30 min I don't know what was happening but as I got good screen on time so I was satisfied but after charging 3 to 4 time phone getting charge in 1 hr 10 min or even lesser infact normally at 90 % phone starts to charge slow but here it was not happening . After that I got the battery draining issue , whenever I keep my phone idle it drains upto 12-13% which is not good. For this I reset my smartphone so if it is happening because of some bug but the results are same , even after charging with cable bought online still it's happening and charging time is getting lesser and battery draining fast. Firstly I was getting 10% reduction in 1 hr in use but now it has also reduced. Please give some solution 🙏🙏

10 REPLIES 10

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
S@jjad

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus 6z
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0610.2103.137
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Many months ago my charging cable got damaged so I ordered another type C cable online which was completely working as original cable no delay in charging time & Screen on time. But recently , this cable got some inner damage don't know how . While plugging in into charging it shows only charging not Fast Charging. So I thought to buy a new cable so at that instance I used different cable to charge but for the first time battery gets charged in 1 hrs 30 min I don't know what was happening but as I got good screen on time so I was satisfied but after charging 3 to 4 time phone getting charge in 1 hr 10 min or even lesser infact normally at 90 % phone starts to charge slow but here it was not happening . After that I got the battery draining issue , whenever I keep my phone idle it drains upto 12-13% which is not good. For this I reset my smartphone so if it is happening because of some bug but the results are same , even after charging with cable bought online still it's happening and charging time is getting lesser and battery draining fast. Firstly I was getting 10% reduction in 1 hr in use but now it has also reduced. Please give some solution 🙏🙏

screenshot-20210331-160314782.jpg

Battery drain issue and charging time getting lesser Asus 6z
It looks like it has something to do with battery aging. I guess may be your battery is aged and so health of battery may have been reduced to some extent. And so sometimes this is to be the real cause to charge your phone faster than earlier & also drain faster than earlier.
This can be fixed if you examine your device at service centre to know the real cause of the problem if its really a battery problem.

S_4
Star I
Not much than a year I bought the phone and charging habits graph was also at green (good) not a single notification for any battery problem how it can be a battery ageing problem?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
S@jjad

Not much than a year I bought the phone and charging habits graph was also at green (good) not a single notification for any battery problem how it can be a battery ageing problem?

View post
Nothing to worry its just my guess though. Lets see what mods have to reply for this.
As it is related to charging time & less backup that totally points out towards battery and so it was my guess but yes, also in this case factory reset did not help so just a guess nothing else, but i may be wrong too.

S_4
Star I
Should I try slow charging or schedule charging from battery care? Atleast there's a chance to get longer screen on time

Update: I tried schedule charging now only thing good happened is when the phone is kept idle battery is not draining down but battery % at 73% got stuck for much longer time however it is reduced now and working fine ,you can see the battery graph