This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX581GV keyboard backlight

realstephenbair
Star III
Can anyone confirm that the keyboard backlight (F7 key) works when in the BIOS setup screen? I'm trying to narrow this down to a missing driver or a hardware issue.
13 REPLIES 13

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi,
I've UX482EG, a little different than yours, and in mine the keyboard backlight doesn't work in BIOS setup (it's off in BIOS setup). F7 key has another function in BIOS setup, it doesn't command the keyboard backlight, it's used to navigate in BIOS menu...
Hope this helps you...

realstephenbair
Star III
Thank you! I'm 99% convinced there is a missing Windows driver/utility that is making this work, and it is not listed on the downloads page. Another thing I've noticed is that the UX581LV is getting frequent driver updates, while the UX581GV is not. The only difference between these two is the LV has a 10th gen CPU.

realstephenbair
Star III
Right after I typed that, I saw there was an updated ASUS System Control Interface V2. However, the MyASUS app shows that I'm up to date, even though it lists the new driver which I have not yet installed.
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Yesterday MyAsus app and many drivers were updated... Try to update everything and see how it goes. This is the new GUI MyAsus app
captura-de-ecr-c3-a3-2021-03-31-073344.jpg