Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN Hotkeys Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update

System: Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
Model: UM431D
=======================
Detailed description:
Hello,
I Bought an Asus Zenbook 14 UM431D Today And Started It And Completed The Windows Setup And HotKeys Was Working Fine But After Updgrading Windows To Windows Insider Latest Version HotKeys Stopped Working I tried Many Solutions And Installed ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys App From Windows Store But Nothing Changed, So What Can I Do?
8 REPLIES 8

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello ahmed,
Please ignore Raju for your case.
Please uninstall both the ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys App and ATK package.
Please kindly reinstall the latest ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver.
ZenBook 14 UM431|Laptops For Home|ASUS GlobalThen reinstall MyASUS App from Microsoft store.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS

Hello ahmed,

Please ignore Raju for your case.

Please uninstall both the ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys App and ATK package.

Please kindly reinstall the latest ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ZenBook-14-UM431/HelpDesk_knowledge/?model2Name=ZenBoo...

Then reinstall MyASUS App from Microsoft store.

Thank you.

View post
Hello Blake Asus,
Thanks For Reply, But This Method Doesn't Work Too, I Don't Know If The Windows Update Did That Or Updating The Drivers, As All Function Keys Were Working Fine Until Updating Windows Which Automatically Updated The Drivers Too, If I Can Find A Way To Downgrade MyAsus App And Drivers I Think It Will be Fixed

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello ahmed,
If you suspect that specific windows update cause the issue,
you are able to enter setting> update & security>view update history>uninstall updates
and you may try to roll back the previous version.
I don't think the MyASUS App is causing the issue.
For ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver, you may go to the link I provide above, to find the old version to install.
Thank you.

sanfrid
Star I
I had the same issue from Windows last update with my laptop ROG G771JW. Did re-install ATK package to no avail. Un-installed ATK package and re-booted. Downloaded ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100061 from Asus support.
Installed and re-booted and keyboard backlight is back and working as a charm! Happy to solved this issue.