This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Tencent Edition with Global/International ROM

Justins
Star II
hello, i want to buy ROG phone 5 from my local online marketplace, there's seller who sell at quite attractive price there and he says its tencent edition with international / global ROM. Any thought on this from mods ? @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS should i take precaution as ROG phone 3/2 or is this safe on ROG Phone 5 ? thanks. (The sellers said FOTA is safe this time with rog phone 5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Take caution, same as before. ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone 5's with so-called "international ROM" or "global firmware". It's not a supported configuration.
Edit: I will sticky this thread for the time being as we have an extended weekend coming up. If you see other users mentioning this topic, please refer them to this thread for more information.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

mmgxmm
Star II
i bought the same version, i was not able to unlock the bootloader.

im trying to unlock inorder to root, but no luck yet

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Don't buy it,it's a scam,pay the full price from an official reseller,and btw I have written a whole post on this topic,go ahead and check it out

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I got stung with the ROG 3 ten cent version,sold it within a few weeks and lost $100 or so . Like greekleader said don't take the risk

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mmgxmm

i bought the same version, i was not able to unlock the bootloader.

im trying to unlock inorder to root, but no luck yet

View post
That's because whoever sold you the phone unlocked the bootloader and flashed it with the WW firmware.
Therefore, you might find your bootloader is already unlocked.