This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

Vamp
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159581#Comment_159581

"ASUS promised 2 android updates with Zenfone 6, which released couple months before ROG 2. Zenfone 6 was cheaper than ROG 2, so I thought that ROG 2 will get 2 android updates too. At that time I didn't know ROG 1 would only get 1 android update, that's why I said that ASUS deceived me and already lost me as a customer."

I still see no evidence that ASUS stated you would get 2 OS updates for ROG 2.

"I have an ASUS notebook, and an ASUS motherboard on my desktop PC. Being already deceived by ASUS, my next notebook, desktop motherboard as well as phone will not be an ASUS product. And I will not recommend ASUS brand to anyone in my neighbourhood, which means ASUS will lose more customer. (many people ask for advice for their next device around here)"

Nothing new then and believe me, you're not the first one and you won't be the last one to say that. ASUS won't be the first or last company likewise.

"See, this is what happens if you charge 1000 USD for a phone and don't give it to a proper support. I'm sure many ROG 1 and 2 users are angry about after sales support and lack of updates. This will backfire on ASUS in the future, like they may not sell ROG 5 or 6 as they planned."

Your definition of support is no Android OS update and no new features. From what I can see, the support is here on Zentalk. There are Service Centres (I don't know about the regional problems, but that's more politics than anything else.

Some of the things like bringing back the earphone jack is on ROG 5 when it was not there on ROG 3. Moderators/Admin of Zentalk here do help and by saying you're not getting help when you have problems, then they won't have a job and thus Zentalk won't exists.

"Seriously? Even if I write to them, do you really think that they will care about it?

The moderators and admins of Zentalk can report our complains to the head office. It'll be more efficent, since this is their job. They can report to them what customers think and want, it is what admins should do."

Do you think I am joking?

That's how you would lodge a complaint to a company formally. Zentalk is just a forum for support, but people are using it as a discussion. Moderators have been very light here in terms of policing the forums, which is a good thing.

View post
"Your definition of support is no Android OS update and no new features"
Support of a device means both software and hardware but in the world of mobiles it's mostly software so for the last time STOP DEFENDING ASUS.

"Zentalk is just a forum for support, but people are using it as a discussion"
It's a forum. People can share, discuss, explore, complaint and resolve their issues. If you don't believe me go check out the thread created by mods where they used to ask people to showcase photos and there used to be photography competitions in the past, So it doesn't seems like a "just" support forum.
Even it says "New Discussion" if you scroll down not "New Complaint"

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159585#Comment_159585

"Your definition of support is no Android OS update and no new features"

Support of a device means both software and hardware but in the world of mobiles it's mostly software so for the last time STOP DEFENDING ASUS.

"Zentalk is just a forum for support, but people are using it as a discussion"

It's a forum. People can share, discuss, explore, complaint and resolve their issues. If you don't believe me go check out the thread created by mods where they used to ask people to showcase photos and there used to be photography competitions in the past, So it doesn't seems like a "just" support forum.

Even it says "New Discussion" if you scroll down not "New Complaint"

View post
I did reply to your post, but I am not retyping again.
But to answer your questions, have a look at forum guidelines and regulations:
AnnouncementEnsure you read: Chapter 7: Other Provisions
It states: "This forum is specially for discussions of technical problems. For service related problems, please contact local service centers."

anthony_j_comi
Star III
They spelt "instances" wrong in the update info hahaha

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
screenshot-20210329-123851605.jpg
Still waiting 😆😆😆😆

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello guys. Any news on the lag/stutter issue? Phone starts to lag after a couple of houra of normal usage, fps drops even on the UI, navigating the phone options also lags, fps drop is noticeable.
Any updates?
Thanks