This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 hardware failure after update?

zingemarii
Star I
* 12gb/512gb global vr.

I plugged in my cable after playing PUBG and it was charging. It was at 72%, i went back to check for notifications after 5min. and my phone was turned off. It doesnt boot-up, force restart doesnt work same with recovery mode. No indications if the device is charging from both charging ports.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? TIA
11 REPLIES 11

zingemarii
Star I
the device is connected for two hours now but it seems that there are no signs of life. tried booting it up but still it didnt.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
zingemarii

the device is connected for two hours now but it seems that there are no signs of life. tried booting it up but still it didnt.

20210329-124322.jpg

View post
Have you tried the side port too?
The other way to see if there is life is connect your phone to PC. Your PC should make the USB connection sound, then that is good news.

zingemarii
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160215#Comment_160215

Have you tried the side port too?

The other way to see if there is life is connect your phone to PC. Your PC should make the USB connection sound, then that is good news.

View post
i tried using the side port same result.
Also tried connecting to a pc but phone is not detected. 🥶

zingemarii
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

That sure sounds strange. Try leaving your device with the charger connected for a while and see if it lights up.

@zingemarii If the device is still dead, please let me know.

View post
what should i do now?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@zingemarii You could try with another charger, but if it's still not showing any signs of life, I would recommend you contact a local ASUS service center about your issue. Keep the ongoing pandemic in mind and only visit the service center if it's safe for you (and others) to do so.
Let me know how it goes.