This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blur spots in middle of every wide angle photo.

Not applicable
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version:ww.17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: evey time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera 7.4.17.0
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I tried clearing camera storage and also tried safe mode but nothing happens.
16157343291446762028177731138020.jpg

72 REPLIES 72

markovo
Rising Star I
My ultrawide camera has this issue too. But it appeared 2 weeks ago... I have GCam installed and there is the same thing.
When I shoot close objects there is no blurry spot:
p-20210329-105038.jpg
When I shoot distant objects there is a blurry spot:
p-20210329-105055.jpg
p-20210329-105100.jpg
Tipically, this blur appears when the lenses are not aligned properly. I have DSLR cameras and many lenses and I've seen this many times. I dropped my phone 2 times and maybe this is the reason for the misalignment of the lenses.
I am pretty sure that this happened when I dropped my phone. Sometimes even a small hit could misplace the lenses and ruin the optics. Even 10ths of millimeter misalignment can cause this issue.

markovo
Rising Star I
My ultrawide camera has the same issue too. It maybe linked with me dropping my phone 2 times. This type of blur appears when there is misalignment of the lenses. I have two DSLR cameras and many lenses and I've seen this many times. Even the slightest misalignment of the lenses can cause this type of blur.
Here is a photo of a close object. There is no blur:
p-20210329-105038.jpg
Here is a photo of a distant objects. There is blur:
p-20210329-105055.jpg
p-20210329-105100.jpg
I am saying this looks like misaligned lenses to me big time. I've seen it many times with many lenses and the effect is just the same. The blur can be anywhere on the photo, not just the center. As I see other photos in this post, the blur spot is different in size for all of them.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
markovo

My ultrawide camera has the same issue too. It maybe linked with me dropping my phone 2 times. This type of blur appears when there is misalignment of the lenses. I have two DSLR cameras and many lenses and I've seen this many times. Even the slightest misalignment of the lenses can cause this type of blur.

Here is a photo of a close object. There is no blur:

p-20210329-105038.jpg

Here is a photo of a distant objects. There is blur:

p-20210329-105055.jpg

p-20210329-105100.jpg

I am saying this looks like misaligned lenses to me big time. I've seen it many times with many lenses and the effect is just the same. The blur can be anywhere on the photo, not just the center. As I see other photos in this post, the blur spot is different in size for all of them.

View post
except for the fact that the phone doesnt do this on all pitures. If it truly was misaligned lenses it wouldnt be only on distance photos but on all photos.

markovo
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160280#Comment_160280

except for the fact that the phone doesnt do this on all pitures. If it truly was misaligned lenses it wouldnt be only on distance photos but on all photos.

View post
It's not true. The focusing distance scales the blur. I am sorry I can't show you examples right now, but i've seen this hundreds of times with many lenses. It can't be helped, nor software can fix it. You will see in time.

markovo
Rising Star I
botboy444

p-20210326-131708.jpg

I'm on the android 11 beta and don't seem to have the blur?

p-20210326-131752.jpg

View post
You got it too:
untitled-1.jpg