This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch is not working after March update in Max Pro M2

Alankar
Star I
When I boughg new Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone there was touch issue.
I requested for return on flipkart but they sent technician and he just reset the phone. Again next day touch problem occurred and technician did the same again. This return and reset process continued 5 times i.e. I put the return request on flipkart 5 times but they didn't approved the return. Meanwhile I got the next Software update on my phone and phone worked till March( When the warranty period expired). But after March update the touch problem started again. It lasted for 2 days and started working automatically. But after around 10 days the same problem occurred again. This time it didn't get resolved automatically. Then I did factory reset, no benefit of this....then I downgraded to WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 from WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.092
But no gain...touch is still not working ...now I installed anothet version i.e. Android 10 beta version from official Asus website. Touch still not working.
I decided to downgrade it to the earlier version i.e. WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072
But it showed error
E3304: This package is for ASUS_X01BD devices. This is X01BD device.
Now I changed the code where it check the Device Model. It is available in Updater script file. And installed the framework WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 using TWRP recovery. This time touch started working.
Please tell me what is the exact problem behind this touch issue.
And please fix it in new firmware update and release as soon as possible.
40 REPLIES 40

anooops
Star II
No I experienced the problem in march after 10 months of usage.
I have not flashed the ROM or did anything with it.

stav_psy
Star I
The touch screen problem exist for me also from September 2020. I bought the phone 2018 february.was good untill an update happened after 3 months about.firmware was updated and was fixed for a while until new firmware and updates happened and touch screen died again.there is no hardware problem since many people face same issue.i update with adb sideload to android 10.problem still exist.then downgrade to 9 as you suggest in official site.still touch screen not working.i wait stable android 10 or 11 firmware to check if problem fixed.these model has problems from beggining.

Abhishek_Das
Star I
Guys I have the exact same problem. The touch screen works intermittently. I had gifter this phone to my mom and I worked away from home. She complained about touch not working and I thought this is probably some software issue she is not able to fix. Unfortunately when I found out this issue is not solvable even after numerous reinstall and manual upgrades. Its definitely some hardware issue. But now I have to pay for my faulty device's repair that was caused by the manufacturer's update? Asus support seems to be really ridiculous. Guys lets post on asus's twitter handle and product release tweets about this issue. I paid for it through my hard earned money and they gave me a faulty device.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Abhishek Das
Thank you for your asking. Please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
**the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
[Phone] How to back up the data stored in your phone ? | Official Support | ASUS Global
Are you used to put the device on your back pocket? Or have you ever dropped or broken your device before? If the issue remains the same after performing Factory Reset, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try CallUs: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
**Please backup before you submitted to the repair center.

ivanmonclaro
Star I
Facing the same problem here. Touch screen stop working with no apparent reason. After a recovery restart, started working again, but after a few hours no response on touchscreen. Hard reset do not fixed the problem.
Using android 9 and version PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2011.105-20210108. Im in a remote area from Brazil and there is no asus assitence nearby.