This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red tint in youtube gone after latest update(.143)

Jaganmohan
Rising Star I
I am seeing improvement in black crush too. Need to test. Others your opinion

24 REPLIES 24

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
Yes I'm ok not need it to be perfect for dark room viewing, I can view in medium brightness if they can tune a very well. I just thought my screen didn't have black crush, I don't notice it, just faintly in the video trailer you said. But then that video did not have hdr label in youtube format, so perhaps that video is not very good as an input source.

I do hope asus can release the software to kernel update the screen, but I don't have much hope.
1. They want you to buy rog 5 that has very good screen
2. Perhaps it is they had to pay more for license to tune the screen kernel, and likely they wouldn't do it

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
hank_email_is

Yes I'm ok not need it to be perfect for dark room viewing, I can view in medium brightness if they can tune a very well. I just thought my screen didn't have black crush, I don't notice it, just faintly in the video trailer you said. But then that video did not have hdr label in youtube format, so perhaps that video is not very good as an input source.

I do hope asus can release the software to kernel update the screen, but I don't have much hope.

1. They want you to buy rog 5 that has very good screen

2. Perhaps it is they had to pay more for license to tune the screen kernel, and likely they wouldn't do it

View post
1.) rog5 has extremely crushed blacks. Even on highest brightness it looks digusting.
2.) nope, no such thing as licensing a calibration lol

also it doesnt matter if the video has HDR or not, on my fixed phone I don't see any pixalation be it HDR or SDR. Not even on images that would previously pixalate.

markovo
Rising Star I
No change in screen performance after .143 update.

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
I don't understand why at every update there are people saying "red tint gone, black crush gone etc.."
I think that these people don't even know what they are talking about, red tint and black crush are still here at .143 as in all others versions, then if your eyes see these problems or not it's another story..
As danishblunt said, the problem will be solved only when they will add gamma correction (no comment about using an Hdr 10+ display and ruining it in this idiot way..)
I still would like to remind that all these problems seem to disappear in Hdr youtube videos, this is strange

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
simo97.codega

I don't understand why at every update there are people saying "red tint gone, black crush gone etc.."

I think that these people don't even know what they are talking about, red tint and black crush are still here at .143 as in all others versions, then if your eyes see these problems or not it's another story..

As danishblunt said, the problem will be solved only when they will add gamma correction (no comment about using an Hdr 10+ display and ruining it in this idiot way..)

I still would like to remind that all these problems seem to disappear in Hdr youtube videos, this is strange

View post
Gustav has send the topic to the devs, it seems we can expect an official fix very soon! So no need to break your warranty anymore which is fanstastic, can't wait to see when the userbase finally shows some gratitude to the devs once its fixed 😛