This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 phone cracked display

ROCI
Star II
2days ago my rog 3 started fading out colour from top side. After the night 15% of the display went black. I don't know what is causing it. After throughly inspection I saw a very minor crack inside the display, yes no dmg on glass or phone body,no physical dmg to see I never dropped my phone . Today 50%(top half) of the display is black. The rog 3 phone is still working 100% , Tuch is working as usual, fingerprint scanner working and the phone have no issues just the display fading out it's colour day by day.i am using it in one-handed mode.
If the black screen keep spreading then I have to go for a replacement for screen.my phone is just 3 months old . Will it be covered under warranty.

18 REPLIES 18

ROCI
Star II
Yes I have photos of exterior.
Now the repair has been done.
1. Phone was sent to chennai for the repair. Service center boy said I have to pay for the display.battery board changed under warrenty. center took 50% advance for display comb(6000rs). total cost around 13000rs.
2. And yesterday I call customer service no. To know when i will recieve my rog 3 And the executive said your mobile repaired under warrenty and it will be at your service center soon. he even said that my phone display and battery was changed under warrenty.At the customer care call they tried to make conference call to my service center to ask why they took 6000 rs from me in advance but call didn't reach.
I don't know who is saying truth . I have registered a complain to Asus official website.
Moderator pls help !!!
@ARP_ASUS
@Gustav_ASUS

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ROCI Check your inbox for a PM from me. 🙂

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ROCI
I am Christine from ASUS, in charge of service cases. I just sent you a message for information confirmation including personal information.
Besides, based on the record, I saw that the system had informed you to pick up your device on 27th March. Have you received the message?
Please check your inbox and PM me back. Thank in advance.

ROCI
Star II
@Christine_ASUS
Phone is now working like brand new.but
Today service center call me and said that they will refund me 13000rs and take the replaced screen panel because I raised a complaint after that they will forward my phone to repair in different service center where it will be repaired without warrenty. They warn me that in that past scenario if they hadnot change the screen panel and directly forwarded the job then asus company would charge hefty amount for repair ( screen panel 13000 + battery board around 15000).And make this whole replacement without warrenty bec of damage.Nobody will spare 30000rs in just 3months of a phone purchase date! for God knows how the minor crack come inside display (factory assembly issue or not).
I would like to rest my case,Thanks for your efforts.
I am happy with the purchase.
Thank you.