adrianftodiev
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I001DE
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: RECENTLY
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): GARMIN CONNECT
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I recently purchased the second Garmin fenix watch. I have a Garmin fenix 3 which I hardly connected it to the phone, when I bought the phone last year. Today, I got a new watch, Garmin fenix 5x Plus. I had troubles connecting it to the phone. I read all the methods of connection, I applied the most reasonable ones, without success. I even disconnected my fenix 3 from the phone, I deleted it from BT history/cache. Now, I am not able to connect either of them. The watches show a 6 digits pairing PIN. The phone is not able to get pass the connection options (see picture). Regardless of what I choose or not, it simply doesn't connect with the watches. All other devices can connect without a problem. With the laptop was easy, I just clicked OK on both of them, to confirm that is the same PIN. I am seriously thinking to jump.back to Samsung if ASUS cannot fix this connectivity issue. It seems that I am not the only one complaining about BT connectivity.
screenshot-20210325-000207384.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

ronald1985
Community Legend I
adrianftodiev

1. Model Name: ASUS_I001DE
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: RECENTLY
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): GARMIN CONNECT

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

I recently purchased the second Garmin fenix watch. I have a Garmin fenix 3 which I hardly connected it to the phone, when I bought the phone last year. Today, I got a new watch, Garmin fenix 5x Plus. I had troubles connecting it to the phone. I read all the methods of connection, I applied the most reasonable ones, without success. I even disconnected my fenix 3 from the phone, I deleted it from BT history/cache. Now, I am not able to connect either of them. The watches show a 6 digits pairing PIN. The phone is not able to get pass the connection options (see picture). Regardless of what I choose or not, it simply doesn't connect with the watches. All other devices can connect without a problem. With the laptop was easy, I just clicked OK on both of them, to confirm that is the same PIN. I am seriously thinking to jump.back to Samsung if ASUS cannot fix this connectivity issue. It seems that I am not the only one complaining about BT connectivity.

Garmin watches cannot connect via BT
There's a new version of firmware now, please update and report if there's still an issue.
The new firmware is: 17.0240.2103.75

adrianftodiev
Star I
Model Name:Asus rog 2
Firmware Version: .75
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
Nothing works. Got in touch with Garmin and the answer was (after 1h tech support for both watches): change the phone, the watches are perfect!

ronald1985
Community Legend I
adrianftodiev
  1. Model Name:Asus rog 2
  2. Firmware Version: .75
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Nothing works. Got in touch with Garmin and the answer was (after 1h tech support for both watches): change the phone, the watches are perfect!

View post
Can you say what have you tried instead of saying "everything"?
It will help moderators and everyone else who is helping.
As for me, I do not use watches, but have been using bluetooth speakers, car head unit and also on laptops, they are working fine too.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
adrianftodiev

1. Model Name: ASUS_I001DE
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: RECENTLY
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): GARMIN CONNECT

Garmin watches cannot connect via BT
Sorry about the late reply. Could be that the watch can only be connected via Garmins app. A lot of BT devices work like this. But I guess you've already tried this so I will send you a PM with log instructions.