Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 2
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: every damn time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I was having screen blackout and auto restart problems since october 2020, I got my device's motherboard replaced in December but still it heats like hell, heavy frame drops in games, bottom speaker got destroyed and while scrolling continously 120hz also feels like 60hz, and also few days back my device got restarted on its own again. Asus should only focus on making gaming pcs and laptops not on gaming phones! feels like I've wasted my money.

7 REPLIES 7

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
dayakarch14

Asus says software issue if u go for hardware problem and when their os issue they say its hardware problem. Well we are doomed anyway.

View post
It's hardware, the pm8150 IC just dies. It's well documented at this point, replacing that chip solves all issues.

dayakarch14
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159990#Comment_159990

It's hardware, the pm8150 IC just dies. It's well documented at this point, replacing that chip solves all issues.

View post
Then how does it works fine if u go to a9 without any issues. No black outs or reboot issues.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
dayakarch14

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160001#Comment_160001

Then how does it works fine if u go to a9 without any issues. No black outs or reboot issues.

View post
It doesn't. People downgrade to A9 and prematurely post in the forums that it's fixed only so their device causes more issues and they're either done with the rog2 entirely or post back and say it doesnt work. It's also entirely possible that the A9 has a higher thermal threshhold before protecting the device, either way the chip is the problem and the phone will eventually die.