This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is scheduled charging supposed to stop

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I really have to say that I don't think much of the schedule charging setting. Firstly if you set up a schedule then close all screens and go back to it later 9 times out of 10 it will read the generic 9.59am to 9.59 pm but that's in another post .
Today I thought I would set the schedule for 3.pm to 7.30 pm asaposed to overnight ( 10 pm to 5 am) and I was surprised to see although it did stop at 80% when it started again it reached full charge at 5.15 pm two and a quarter hours before the end time . So if I hadn't been keeping an eye on it like I can't do overnight due to my being unconscious it would be on full charge for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Is this the way it is supposed to work???
I thought that keeping your phone on the charger after it is fully charged is a big NO NO !🥺
I don't think I will be using it again!?!
6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Roystoys

I really have to say that I don't think much of the schedule charging setting. Firstly if you set up a schedule then close all screens and go back to it later 9 times out of 10 it will read the generic 9.59am to 9.59 pm but that's in another post .

Today I thought I would set the schedule for 3.pm to 7.30 pm asaposed to overnight ( 10 pm to 5 am) and I was surprised to see although it did stop at 80% when it started again it reached full charge at 5.15 pm two and a quarter hours before the end time . So if I hadn't been keeping an eye on it like I can't do overnight due to my being unconscious it would be on full charge for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Is this the way it is supposed to work???

I thought that keeping your phone on the charger after it is fully charged is a big NO NO !🥺

I don't think I will be using it again!?!

When is scheduled charging supposed to stop
The time it reaches full charge can vary depending on the set start and end time. 2h trickle is ok. The feature is supposed to prevent the phone from trickle charging 6h (during 8h sleep) every night. We want it to be fully charged even if you wake up 1h too early.
There's nothing wrong with your phone. The feature is working as intended so don't worry 🙂

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46059/when-is-scheduled-charging-supposed-to-stop

The time it reaches full charge can vary depending on the set start and end time. 2h trickle is ok. The feature is supposed to prevent the phone from trickle charging 6h (during 8h sleep) every night. We want it to be fully charged even if you wake up 1h too early.

There's nothing wrong with your phone. The feature is working as intended so don't worry 🙂

View post
Cool thanks I sort of came to the same conclusion but it's always nice to have your conclusions verified