This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mustafayolgiden

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159528#Comment_159528

That is right, Samsung is a huge competitor. But they have many more devices than ASUS (maybe 20 or 30 times more? not sure), and their 1000 USD price tag phones get proper support and at least 2 big android updates, unlike ROG Phone. Even their low and mid-range phones are way better than ROG 2 in terms of software update. So what you say is just an excuse, nothing more than that.

View post
Its pretty obvious as i explained earlier more sales will generate more resources and more resources will lead for better support.
Samsung mid range phones are sold 4-5 times more than ASUS flagships and hence they can easily manage amount of required resources for those models in that exact department where its needed. This is understandable.
This is not an excuse but a fact to be understood.!

Aryan202
Community Legend I
mustafayolgiden

Oh yeah. This was probably the last update for ROG 2. It didn't get Android 11, hell even zenui 7.

Good job ASUS 👏

View post
Who said this was the last update?
A 3gen old zf5z is still getting OTAs Rog 2 is relatively newer

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159558#Comment_159558

Its pretty obvious as i explained earlier more sales will generate more resources and more resources will lead for better support.

Samsung mid range phones are sold 4-5 times more than ASUS flagships and hence they can easily manage amount of required resources for those models in that exact department where its needed. This is understandable.

This is not an excuse but a fact to be understood.!

View post
Another excuse. With your logic, companies like Oneplus should not be send any update for their users. But they do, unlike ASUS.
You may say that Oneplus is a company under OPPO and OPPO is a big company. Well, ASUS also a big company, they make many different products, not only smartphones. They can easily fix these after sales support problems with giving monthly security patches and at least 2 android update. But they simply don't and they'll lose their customers because of this. Many people does not want to change their phones in only 1 year if they paid 1000 USD for that phone. And if we look ROG 1 and 2's history, 3 and 5 will definetily meet same fate.
They've already lost me. If I did know that ROG 1 would only get 1 android os update, I wouldn't buy ROG 2. Asus deceived me and I don't like being deceived after I paid 1000 USD for this phone.

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159562#Comment_159562

Who said this was the last update?

A 3gen old zf5z is still getting OTAs Rog 2 is relatively newer

View post
You should check ROG 1 out before writing a comment like this. ROG series is a "pseudo" flagship that costs 1000 USD and gets no support.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mustafayolgiden

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159565#Comment_159565

Another excuse. With your logic, companies like Oneplus should not be send any update for their users. But they do, unlike ASUS.

You may say that Oneplus is a company under OPPO and OPPO is a big company. Well, ASUS also a big company, they make many different products, not only smartphones. They can easily fix these after sales support problems with giving monthly security patches and at least 2 android update. But they simply don't and they'll lose their customers because of this. Many people does not want to change their phones in only 1 year if they paid 1000 USD for that phone. And if we look ROG 1 and 2's history, 3 and 5 will definetily meet same fate.

They've already lost me. If I did that ROG 1 would only get 1 android os update, I wouldn't buy ROG 2. Asus deceived me and I don't like being deceived after I paid 1000 USD for this phone.

View post
mustafayolgiden

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159569#Comment_159569

You should check ROG 1 out before writing a comment like this. ROG series is a "pseudo" flagship that costs 1000 USD and gets no support.

View post
Where is this so called message that ROG 2 would get 2 major OS updates? Until there is evidence, your comment about decieiving you is obsurd.
At the end of day, ASUS has fixed software that we have asked of them and if it isn't fixed, they still try again and get these fixed. Yes, there are still things not working, but that doesn't mean it is not going to be corrected. Especially the ones I had anyway.