This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159456#Comment_159456

I'm sorry to say this but samsung release a bucket load of devices each year so comparison of asus' software update strategy at this point is useless as they release atmost 4 devices annually.

But the difference is even 2 years old samsung device are running Feb security patch and got all month patch but Asus' a year old devices are running December patch with huge jumps in between.

They are not even in the same league. Asus software update strategy remindes me of Samsung when they released s6.

View post
*S9
Samsung was slow and only offered upto 2 android os versions upto 2020
Only S10 and above will get 3 android versions (S9 was excluded and it was an very popular device)
And remember samsung ships millions of phones, way more than what Asus does I'd even say that Samsung's worst selling phone probably sold more than Asus's best selling device
So there's that samsung has always been an big player in the android market and even they decided to improve support from S10 onwards
Btw my Zenfone 5z got android 10 faster than Samsung's S9 (both are 2018 devices)
Asus can't match samsung in overall support right now hence they offer a unique combination of hardware and software that it to your liking one can see that in Rog and Zenfone flagships they are devices offering stuff which other's aren't with an stockish skin and pro developer support by Asus (roms and gcam)
So yes that's about it

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Hopefully one day Asus turns a new leaf and offers better support by that's yet to be seen
Anyways a lot of Asus devices got updated this week Zenfone 6 and Rog 3 (A11 beta) got updates on Monday and Rog 3,Rog 2, Zenfone 5z and Zenfone 7 (A11 stable for TW) got updates today

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159523#Comment_159523

It all depends on resources each brand has to invest in its particular department samsung is a huge competator who can throw so much of resources to make anything happen but comparing ASUS as a tier less this support is not bad at all they are trying there best to make everyone happy with whatever resource they have in every department.!

This is surely gonna be improved with time more sales, more resources & hence better support..

View post
That is right, Samsung is a huge competitor. But they have many more devices than ASUS (maybe 20 or 30 times more? not sure), and their 1000 USD price tag phones get proper support and at least 2 big android updates, unlike ROG Phone. Even their low and mid-range phones are way better than ROG 2 in terms of software update. So what you say is just an excuse, nothing more than that.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Hold onto your pants everyone, update is here:
screenshot-20210325-150423574.jpg

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
Oh yeah. This was probably the last update for ROG 2. It didn't get Android 11, hell even zenui 7.
Good job ASUS 👏