This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

ronald1985
Community Legend I
AmitGarde

screenshot-20210325-124336228-281-29.jpg

This is recent ROG 2 update coming very soon. There may be chances of some change in changelog but this is it finally.

@ImShrey @Yogendra @ronald1985

Thanks!

View post
😁 Nice
Unfortunately, some people won't be happy about it but there you have it.

gsanchez
Rising Star II
Nice, but I switched back to Samsung (S20 FE), and now I am with Android 11 and February security patch. Next time, Asus team, lear With Samsung to have more respect with your consumers.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
gsanchez

Nice, but I switched back to Samsung (S20 FE), and now I am with Android 11 and February security patch. Next time, Asus team, lear With Samsung to have more respect with your consumers.

View post
Asus Zenfone 6 (2019) is on A11 and March security patch too
Zenfone 5z is on Jan (A10 though)

Vamp
Zen Master I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159455#Comment_159455

Asus Zenfone 6 (2019) is on A11 and March security patch too

Zenfone 5z is on Jan (A10 though)

View post
I'm sorry to say this but samsung release a bucket load of devices each year so comparison of asus' software update strategy at this point is useless as they release atmost 4 devices annually.
But the difference is even 2 years old samsung device are running Feb security patch and got all month patch but Asus' a year old devices are running December patch with huge jumps in between.
They are not even in the same league. Asus software update strategy remindes me of Samsung when they released s6.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159456#Comment_159456

I'm sorry to say this but samsung release a bucket load of devices each year so comparison of asus' software update strategy at this point is useless as they release atmost 4 devices annually.

But the difference is even 2 years old samsung device are running Feb security patch and got all month patch but Asus' a year old devices are running December patch with huge jumps in between.

They are not even in the same league. Asus software update strategy remindes me of Samsung when they released s6.

View post
It all depends on resources each brand has to invest in its particular department samsung is a huge competator who can throw so much of resources to make anything happen but comparing ASUS as a tier less this support is not bad at all they are trying there best to make everyone happy with whatever resource they have in every department.!
This is surely gonna be improved with time more sales, more resources & hence better support..