hjatav06
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN
Firmware Version: ww_17.0823
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why doesn't ROG 3 have add new user feature? It's a feature built in the Android os itself and yet I can't add guest user on my device without rooting it first. Why?
4 REPLIES 4

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
mieczx

So i just got my rog phone 3, and im rly happy with almost everything, but the lack of stock android feature known as GUEST USER, rly pisses me off, why is it even removed, i dont understand, this phone has 500gb storage, was it rly necessary to remove it?

Or maybe im just dumb and i cant figure out how to enable it?

As a person coming from cheap and old xiaomi phone, which supports "miui second space", this feels like a huge downgrade

Guest User - stock android feature is missing?

has been aswered before

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hjatav06

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN
  2. Firmware Version: ww_17.0823
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Why doesn't ROG 3 have add new user feature? It's a feature built in the Android os itself and yet I can't add guest user on my device without rooting it first. Why?

Addition of guest user feature
Last phone from asus having guest mode was Zenfone 2 which was removed later where most of users dont use it as a priority feature as there are various options in the UI to lock & hide apps also there are some other apps on play store to work as a guest mode and hence there are no plans to add it in future as well. Also Zenui is very closer to stock these days just you can say pixel like experince so this can be done or rethought if google does it with pixels.
Thanks!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
what exacly is this guest mode and why is it worth of implementing? First time I've heard of it and kinda sounds dumb to me.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi hjatav06,
I hope below explanation from users solves your query.
The link has many discussion already around it which you can refer.