Star I
System: 64-bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Asus ROG G701V0
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:When I connect my laptop to the tv with an hdmi cord the display works at first. As soon as I play any media, streaming or on vlc player, the display on my tv turns black, but the sound works fine. The only way it seems to work is if I use blue tooth headphones to play the audio. Then the display stays on the tv and I just use the headphones for sound
5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Was this connection working before and then not working now?
May I know the TV model?
If you connect to another HDMI monitor, does this issue happen?
Thank you.

kanekiken8820
Star I
It was working perfectly fine before. It just all of a sudden started doing this a few months ago The tv is a westinghouse. It's not the tv though. My work laptop and ps4 work fine with the same hdmi cord in the same port. Yes, I have tried it on two other tvs in the house and I have the same issue. Both of those tvs are samsungs

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
so you mean if you connect the G701V with any HDMI device, it does not work?
Was there any update before the issue occurred? you may check the windows update history.
Have you tried to reinstall driver?
Thank you.

kanekiken8820
Star I
Yes, the display works when I plug in the hdmi, but as soon as I play a media file the display goes away and just the sound plays. I honestly don't remember if it started happening right after an update. It started in December and there was an update on 12/12. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the audio driver. I also reinstalled the video driver. I figured it was the hdmi port. I am just hoping its an easy software fix and I don't have to replace the port.