This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only flaw of the Rog3, but lets stop calling it wrong alright?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Arguably the only real flaw present in our beloved rog3 phones is clearly the color banding issue we have, where we get pixelation in darker scenes. Black crush is basicially something any OLED phone has where the blacks are getting "crushed" and details are gone. So whenever you talk about pixalation, refer to it as color banding and not black crush. I'm aware I've been misusing the black crush term myself but now I'm starting to spread awareness that what we are talking about is not black crush but color banding, I think this is important so that the confusion about the term will stop happening.
Also don't hate on the devs. Remember they are a small team that tries to fix all phones, it's not their decision to push out a new phone or work on another phone.
16 REPLIES 16

Sankar23
Star II
Even I bought the Rog 3 in India 3 days back and I face the same colour banding/Black crush issue right now.Even updated the mobile to the latest firmware version ending .131 but this issue still exist.
This is a very big issue because you cannot watch a movie or a youtube video with this kind of pixalation appearing randomly at the mobile screen
*Hope Asus fix this Issue as soon as possible.*
Note:Rest of the features of this Rog3 are best of the best.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BurgerKingCrownMan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45994/the-only-flaw-of-the-rog3-but-lets-stop-calling-it-wron...

You're a disgusting basement dwelling Asus fanboy mr programmer wannabe. Guess what - they will NEVER hire you nor care about you a single bit so you might as well just stop tryharding kid.

This phone is an absolute disaster - they've changed screen in my unit 2 times now - it's starting to have battery problem now like 22%battery android system process use, the screen is disgusting and the ASUS attitude is even freaking worse. Never getting anything from this company anymore - that includes gaming PC parts. MSI FTW

View post
Kinda hard to be a wannabe programmer if your job description literally entails programming...
Looking at your working and behaviour I think we should assume you havent fully grown up yet. Also MSI are usually far worse than ASUS when it comes to desktop parts, they have messed up numerous times on GPU's and motherboards. While they certanly do have legendary motherboards like the B450 tomahawk, most of their products kinda sucks.
That being said ASUS has also released disastrours motherboards with VRM on platforms where everyone was wondering wth they were doing so yeah.
All I can see is a raging kid, sorry.

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

Arguably the only real flaw present in our beloved rog3 phones is clearly the color banding issue we have, where we get pixelation in darker scenes. Black crush is basicially something any OLED phone has where the blacks are getting "crushed" and details are gone. So whenever you talk about pixalation, refer to it as color banding and not black crush. I'm aware I've been misusing the black crush term myself but now I'm starting to spread awareness that what we are talking about is not black crush but color banding, I think this is important so that the confusion about the term will stop happening.

Also don't hate on the devs. Remember they are a small team that tries to fix all phones, it's not their decision to push out a new phone or work on another phone.

The only flaw of the Rog3, but lets stop calling it wrong alright?
Okay, it's their unfinished work which they haven't finished yet. I'm sure that they are 100% aware of this issue. That it is a color banding and not blackcrush. But Devs have to deliver the support to the customers by completing their unfinished business. What actually matters is customer satisfaction. I feel disgusted by seeing poor quality blacks on my flagship phone. I'd never recommend Asus to anyone.
Previously I had a zenfone 5z and that phone had a lcd display but it was an amazing display I appreciate their work for zenfone 5z display. I was satisfied using that phone but here unlikely.
So obviously my next phone would be OnePlus or Samsung or any other OEM cos at least I'll get a display with proper software calibration.
I never complained about the performance of this phone but performance is just one factor and I cannot ignore this black issue on my display.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jaykesharwani9

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45994/the-only-flaw-of-the-rog3-but-lets-stop-calling-it-wron...

Okay, it's their unfinished work which they haven't finished yet. I'm sure that they are 100% aware of this issue. That it is a color banding and not blackcrush. But Devs have to deliver the support to the customers by completing their unfinished business. What actually matters is customer satisfaction. I feel disgusted by seeing poor quality blacks on my flagship phone. I'd never recommend Asus to anyone.

Previously I had a zenfone 5z and that phone had a lcd display but it was an amazing display I appreciate their work for zenfone 5z display. I was satisfied using that phone but here unlikely.

So obviously my next phone would be OnePlus or Samsung or any other OEM cos at least I'll get a display with proper software calibration.

I never complained about the performance of this phone but performance is just one factor and I cannot ignore this black issue on my display.

View post
Absolutely understanandable. Altho Oneplus did have their fair issues with the OP8 pro as well, not to mention Samsung also had some severe banding and black crush issues on the S9, same goes to google pixel 2 XL. The best advice I can give you is never go for any brand, look for user reviews and experiences and ask yourself what you value the most to find the best phone for your usecase, not being biased towards any company is the only way to make you truly satisfied, it's never about brand but the product!

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
Well.. severe... the galaxy s9 or OP8 pro had nothing comparable to this disaster.
If they can't keep up with the quality they should at least lower the price of their products.
I don't look much videos etc.. but I can't accept they promise you an HDR 10+ display, make you pay a lot of money for it, even pay the YT reviewers to don't mention the problem, I didn't expect Asus had reached such low levels