This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! FX505GT Driver issues!

I used a driver cleaner to help with the care of the device. But after rebooting, I do not have any audio drivers on my laptop. My audio driver that was being used was the Realtek audio driver. I've tried looking through the hidden drivers just to be sure and still nothing. I've tried downloading the drivers through Asus's site and even Realtek's site for their audio driver, and still no luck. I've even tried factory resetting to see if it would be reapplied. Nothing. I have no idea what to do.

4 REPLIES 4

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
So even you download it from our Support website, and manually installed the driver, there is no audio?
Then the downloaded file is still there, right?
or you mean there is no audio device listed in Device manager?
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

So even you download it from our Support website, and manually installed the driver, there is no audio?

Then the downloaded file is still there, right?

or you mean there is no audio device listed in Device manager?

Thank you.

View post
Yes, after installing the driver, I still get no audio. The download file is there but there is no audio device listed in the device manager

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
gaultbrandon96

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158841#Comment_158841

Yes, after installing the driver, I still get no audio. The download file is there but there is no audio device listed in the device manager

View post
go to device manager, look under sound Device, list of the names and hardware ID of each

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Brandon,
There is a "Scan for hardware changes" in device manager, if you press it, does it help?
And if you plug in headset, can it be detected?
If there is still no audio, there might be an issue with the audio card hardware.
Please kindly send the device to service center.
Thank you.