This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

【ZenFone 5Z BETA Tester】Join to experience Android Q!

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
9ryn4dbabzg5.jpg
[Recruitment Period]
August 22, 2019 - till the application form is closed

[Beta Testing Period]
Will notify by email

[Which model are we looking for ?]
ASUS ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL)

[What are required to be a Beta Tester?]  
Own a ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL)
Be a member of ZenTalk and actively participate in the discussion of ZenFone on ZenTalk.
Be willing to provide detailed information including IMEI, Serial Number(SN), Current Firmware for the beta test setting 
Be able to read and provide feedback in English
Be familiar with Android operating system

[What will Beta Testers have?]
Get the latest firmware (Beta Version) by FOTA and experience the latest Zen UI features
Authorized to access the restricted board [Beta Testing]

[What are the responsibilities of a Beta Tester?]
Participate in every Beta version release and test on a daily basis
Report valid bugs with the correct format
Maintain confidentiality of the Beta Testing program
Be sure to post all beta-testing related issues in beta restricted board 

[How to Sign-up?]
Click the URL below and fill out the sign-up form. (If you are using a mobile device, please paste the URL to your browser to open the form)
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/plugin.php?id=ques&op=viewques&qid=1&lrid=5
368 REPLIES 368

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ulaganath said:
Yes it's active but phone reference in questionnaire is confusing I have to refer the title to ensure I am applying for my phone. 
For few facts Zen UI 5 is not bad optimisation needed not sure with plain android flavour why a 8 GB ram 4gb is more than suffice . But change is alway welcome. Only two things don't remove or believe still in Zen ui6 all Ai tools and current launcher or options to download later . Google native doesn't puts in folder . I have 192 apps running fine for 760 hours without a reboot. Once in a while it may feel alag just boost that's all it will be back with average of 6gb ram usage @ 75% memory usage on 5z it's good. Awaiting to hear on beta invite
I have also tested 10 have to come back as it was not stable at that time with plain version I am not sure

4gb is not suffice nowadays even google is moving to 6 this year
Also for Zen UI 5 it's pretty good some minor issues with dpi here and there (couple of bugs too nothing deal-breaker tho) 
It's overall an good UI(zen UI 5) not much bloatware (glad they removed that
 selfie master and zenimoji crap in Zen UI 6)
Btw Zen UI 6 does keep all the ai and Zen UI features (it's all stashed away in the settings section) Asus tried to make Zen UI 6 as close to stock as possible but at it's very core it's the same Zen UI (which is a good thing ) and packs all the features that Zen UI 5 had (most come in handy) like a one hand mode ,glove mode etc.
192apps for 760 hours ?
I mean you running a special i9 edition 5z with 32gigs ram dude ? I mean sorry but I can't but laugh at that comment

ulaganath
Star II
I mean to say 192 apps installed but frequently used differs May be 25-30 apps frequently used

Yeah Google moved 6gb ar and other gaming needs what more you can change as giving 4gb for years will not be seen as upgrade
Hope android 10 last longer and fluidity in performance with enhanced security. But Google is not stringent in security for apps more and more apps are vulnerable malware.
Hope android 10 onwards it's gets better

I report bug if i get beta update. Hope so 

Nivesh
Rising Star II
HEY CH can u now tell about the feature set for asus 5z because now Google has released the new Android Q 10

hemanth
Star III
Microphone is not working during calls in q beta 6 for my device