This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158055#Comment_158055

FYI, that bug was reported in August last year!

I don't know how much patience you have. But you are being super defensive of asus for no reason here.

Everyone is using voip apps like skype zoom duo etc during pandemic times and this should have been 1st priority. Atleast in top 3-4, don't know. We are now 9 months in, and yet no fix.

Who you justify this? Also if testing takes time and resources then why it was tested wrongfully and pushed as "fixed" in last update? Whereas it isn't fixed.

Also changelog? Man june 2020 first reported or even jan 2020 all mainstream brands started receiving Airtel voWiFi, why its missing for more than a year at this point? Would you consider it as a feature? Its basic Fundamental functionality. How can you not push something that even 100$ phones have built in?

Justify this!

Also I can count you number of new features that are added to CN version of Rog 2, fingerprint animations etc. None of them made it through global builds, why? If it is ready, why not just push it to WW? Literally not all of them were region specific feature.

View post
I already said you adding carrier related support like VOLTE/VOWIFI you must know that this isnt in the hands of ASUS adding models into their support list is totally dependent on carriers here ASUS cant do anything if ASUS is there last priority in fornt of other OEMS and hence it will take time from where carrier decides to add that model i dont know how many months it takes for carriers to test but than Asus can only keep requesting them.
Do you know 5z took almost a year to enable VOWIFI on jio and we had a long story to tell but inshort we hammered jio & ASUS with mails and finally jio gave a positive feedback that we are working with brand to get this enable before that Asus has always tried but jio had ignored and this i can tell you because we where timely informed whenever we use to ask about vowifi for jio on forums.
TBH carriers always prefer first priority for support on latest & fancy models ASUS came into lights after zenfone 6 came in with its new flip camera technology & carriers started noticing them. Inshort those who do diffrent will always get noticed and so 5z was added in later after every model but let me tell you 5z as a flagship still misses out everything like amazon HD, vowifi, volte for few carriers and this is all because it got old later model to invest time on. amazon clearly said they dont have any plans to add 5z in there support list so now who is here to blame its clearly not ASUS
I am telling you all this because i am in touch with mods since more than a year now and every possible thing we have disscussed till date. And trust me at some point ASUS & we where helpless even after trying so hard.
I dont know about ROG features may be those are country specific features.usually OEMS follow request from local public i dont know if same where requested on global forum anytime i am seeing you first saying that CN version is diffrent than WW in forum here. If those are tencent models your are talking about than yes its a partnership for china only versions. So may be that is the reason they cant enable i guess even licensing is all matter of fact.
About your video calling bug again i am just saying as i said earlier if anders sir have noticed this than he will make sure to get that fix. Yes i belive this should have been worked on as soon as you have reported but i dnt knw why is still bugging you even if changelog bought in fix. Logs will help that to find real culprit where wait is the only option.

India220
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158066#Comment_158066

I already said you adding carrier related support like VOLTE/VOWIFI you must know that this isnt in the hands of ASUS adding models into their support list is totally dependent on carriers here ASUS cant do anything if ASUS is there last priority in fornt of other OEMS and hence it will take time from where carrier decides to add that model i dont know how many months it takes for carriers to test but than Asus can only keep requesting them.

Do you know 5z took almost a year to enable VOWIFI on jio and we had a long story to tell but inshort we hammered jio & ASUS with mails and finally jio gave a positive feedback that we are working with brand to get this enable before that Asus has always tried but jio had ignored and this i can tell you because we where timely informed whenever we use to ask about vowifi for jio on forums.

TBH carriers always prefer first priority for support on latest & fancy models ASUS came into lights after zenfone 6 came in with its new flip camera technology & carriers started noticing them. Inshort those who do diffrent will always get noticed and so 5z was added in later after every model but let me tell you 5z as a flagship still misses out everything like amazon HD, vowifi, volte for few carriers and this is all because it got old later model to invest time on. amazon clearly said they dont have any plans to add 5z in there support list so now who is here to blame its clearly not ASUS

I am telling you all this because i am in touch with mods since more than a year now and every possible thing we have disscussed till date. And trust me at some point ASUS & we where helpless even after trying so hard.

I dont know about ROG features may be those are country specific features.usually OEMS follow request from local public i dont know if same where requested on global forum anytime i am seeing you first saying that CN version is diffrent than WW in forum here. If those are tencent models your are talking about than yes its a partnership for china only versions. So may be that is the reason they cant enable i guess even licensing is all matter of fact.

About your video calling bug again i am just saying as i said earlier if anders sir have noticed this than he will make sure to get that fix. Yes i belive this should have been worked on as soon as you have reported but i dnt knw why is still bugging you even if changelog bought in fix. Logs will help that to find real culprit where wait is the only option.

View post
Are you access this forum through PC? Becuz I can't write this long essay over mobile. Now I found total 3 users who keep defending Asus on all 3 Rog forums.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
India220

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158071#Comment_158071

Are you access this forum through PC? Becuz I can't write this long essay over mobile. Now I found total 3 users who keep defending Asus on all 3 Rog forums.

View post
Nope i am on mobile & i am able to write this long. Also Its not about defenders but it sometimes bit hard for users to accept the facts. And so eassy comes out of it to explain it in a proper way.. (more thoroughly).
Thanks!

ImShrey
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158555#Comment_158555

Nope i am on mobile & i am able to write this long. Also Its not about defenders but it sometimes bit hard for users to accept the facts. And so eassy comes out of it to explain it in a proper way.. (more thoroughly).

Thanks!

View post
Just one word for that long essay: OPINION.
You can have your's and people have theirs'.

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158555#Comment_158555

Thanks!

View post
Dear brother,
No matter how well you defend ASUS either because you are a level 5 member or anything else I don't know and also I don't wanna know. I am using Asus products since 2010 and I accept all the products are off the shelf. But customer service still SUCKS and you have to accept this.