This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV. Official support for Windows 10 20H2.

bohushvitali
Star I
System: UX581GV_19H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: frequent freezes
Reset OS: Yes. Roughly two time a month. No correlation with installed software found.
Screenshot or video: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLChcXj5lTvV_R7jAvodFAXEkYl9LvQNG8
========================
Detailed description:
Currently when accepting Feature update version 20H2 in windows update center it is not fully installed and rolls back to 19H2
Please provide estimated dates when this model will be shipped to customers with newest tested windows version.
The main reason for asking is frequent freezes on 19H2
I would like to sent it to RMA for the second time to get full reset with newest windows flashed as recovery image. When sending the first time (six month ago) RMA wasn't able to found any issues however freezes still occurring randomly on a system without any third party software installed.

Thanks in advance.
screenshot-2020-12-27-201812.png
screenshot-2021-01-11-123224.png

67 REPLIES 67

rollfire
Star II
madrunner84

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158408#Comment_158408

Rollfire advice worked for me, but the performance is now crippled. Seems need to bring it back to service anyway.

If I was you, I would return the computer, if there´s still a posibility for that.

View post
i think it has something to do with your screenpad-replacement. My System is at the normal speed after the update.
Dboukas should make a speedtest before and after the update, then he knows. You also can set your systrem back to 1909, to compare the speed.

dboukas
Star I
rollfire

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158408#Comment_158408

did you try my advice? (some posts above)

View post
I was set back with mudrunner84's fall of speed after the update and I was hesitant. Now that you clarify that in your case speed was kept intact I will try. Please help with an idea on what to use to measure speed. Thank you. 9to have comparable results with you)

neeleshsandi13
Star II
Howdy...
I am new here in the discussion having same problem while updating windows 10 20H2 update. Someone from Asus Support advised me to factory reset the laptop. I just wanted to ask Does it works? Anyone have tried it? I don't want to reset it and lost all software I installed.
Expecting a reply soon..!!

rollfire
Star II
neeleshsandi13

Howdy...

I am new here in the discussion having same problem while updating windows 10 20H2 update. Someone from Asus Support advised me to factory reset the laptop. I just wanted to ask Does it works? Anyone have tried it? I don't want to reset it and lost all software I installed.

Expecting a reply soon..!!

View post
As far as i know and i don´t know much, has the update-problem something to do with the drivers. Many, who installed the snappy-driver update program (which finds many drivers, which the ASUS and Win10 didnt found) were then capable to install the Win20h2. In my case, i have no less features. Some User, who changed his screenpad by a service has performance problems, but i dont know, if this has something to do with the Update.
Is it possible for you to post your performance-result of your machine? EG with userbenchmark.com (dont forget to activate your nvidia processor in the Control panel, otherwise they will test only your onboard uhd-intel-graphic chip instead of the nvidia)

neeleshsandi13
Star II

Here it is - (I have i7-9750H variant with 32GB of RAM & RTX 2060) Userbenchmark Gaming - 64% Desktop - 90% Work - 55% Processor - 84.9% Graphic - 70% Cinebench R23 - Multicore 5974
Thanks buddy Snappy Driver Installer worked for me..!! Great solution