cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Rangzen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158383#Comment_158383

The reason for buying Asus devices for me - is because they are made in Indonesia. It may seem odd to you since there is almost no escaping from Chinese goods but I try every way possible. Besides, no other manufacturer comes close to what these Taiwanese bad boys are offering.

View post
Very true.... After looking at ROG 5 series i see that it launched this year with 3 models and i felt that it would have been great if ROG pro or ROG ultimate atleast one of those 2 models had OIS to justify its price bracket but again i thought yes it have an extra screen with extra air triggers with some really nice customisations & a comeback of ESS DAC with headphone jack having special audio wizard tuned from diarac is all great what gamers consider as there priority to justify its pricing as a flagship gaming smartphone.
So For photography i feel Zenfones are here to overall complete that segment.! But also as ROG has flagship camera sensors Asus can tune those more to compete other flagships in terms of picture quality & shootings.

84lumberman
Star I
I have T Mobile and it used n2500 5G. I have all of the 5G settings turned on at the menu in the ROG 5 but it will not do 5G no matter what. Is this a software glitch like the update that caused this problem to stop on the ROG 3? I only get 4G LTE, 3g, 4G +. Any ideas on how to correct this? Is this issue similar to the Google phone where between the phone and the eNodeB, the phone doesn’t send in the UE CAP INFO that it can do 5g, thus the network doesn’t give you the info to access the 5g network and the phone stays in 4g?

Orcbolg
Star I
The Game Genie in RoG5 doesn't have the "live" button for streaming. Will this be updated? Thanks!

Punjabistyles
Star I
84lumberman

I have T Mobile and it used n2500 5G. I have all of the 5G settings turned on at the menu in the ROG 5 but it will not do 5G no matter what. Is this a software glitch like the update that caused this problem to stop on the ROG 3? I only get 4G LTE, 3g, 4G +. Any ideas on how to correct this? Is this issue similar to the Google phone where between the phone and the eNodeB, the phone doesn’t send in the UE CAP INFO that it can do 5g, thus the network doesn’t give you the info to access the 5g network and the phone stays in 4g?

View post
Having the same problem 5g not working. In rog 3 it was working not on my rog 5 global edition.

trantkelong95
Star I
I have a rog phone 5 tencent that has switched the code to ww and up the room ww now I want to go back to the original room, can people guide me?