This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC issues

DayThis
Star II
Hello, I experienced issues with NFC today.
It was not possible to use it on bus validation terminal and on payment terminals. It was my first time using NFC on the Zenfone 6 and never had one issue on Zenfone 5Z.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the NFC sensor on Zenfone 6 is located between fingerprint sensor and the last "S" of Asus logo on the back.
When I put my bank card on this zone my phone vibrates
a short moment but from the phone to a terminal nothing happens...mz762q02dcn5.jpg
10 REPLIES 10

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Guilhem said:
Was the problem solved since then?
After updating the firmware to 191, most users responded that NFC anomalies have improved.

DayThis
Star II
Guilhem
View post
I tried it in a mall few minutes ago and it worked perfectly. I made two payments in two differents shop without issues.
kikoly

Guilhem said:

After updating the firmware to 191, most users responded that NFC anomalies have improved.

View post
It works with the firmware 189, I didn't find the 191.
MN1HB9AZ3QBC.jpg

_jis_
Zen Master III
I am paying with NFC every day for 2 months via Google Pay, I've never had a problem here in the Czech Republic. Gradually I used these firmware versions in my ZF6: 156, 167, 174, 189.

DayThis
Star II
_jis_

I am paying with NFC every day for 2 months via Google Pay, I've never had a problem here in the Czech Republic. Gradually I used these firmware versions in my ZF6: 156, 167, 174, 189.

View post
You're lucky, since the 115 I wasn't able to do it. Only with the 189. And I tried Google Pay, my bank app and public transport app that I was already using on ZF5Z without issues. It's a real pleasure to do it again ?

e_f_chan
Star III
I can confirm that I have issues paying for bus travel, I'm based in the UK and the towns I've had problems are Reading (Reading Buses) and Basingstoke (Stagecoach). The original card did work.