UX636JA stuck at 0.19Ghz, power issues
- System: Asus Zenbook, Windows 10 Home (latest build, SB0H or whatever)
- Battery or AC: AC, but battery has problems too
- Model: UX363JA
- Frequency of occurrence: constant
- Reset OS: Yes, I tried that
- Screenshot or video:
Detailed description：I bought my laptop about 6 months ago, and I am having problems with it. There are two main symptoms:
- The laptop won't run on battery power even thought it says it is 100% charged, and I have to do hard shut downs to get it to turn on with AC sometimes. This is frequent to constant.
- The laptop runs at 0.19Ghz at all times. This is constant.
I am working on number 2 specifically today, though I am hoping the solution will fix 1 as well. While I was trying to figure out the battery power issue, I did all the steps in the tech article (install latest BIOS, power reset, full system restore, etc). I never did find a solution for it. Like I said, I am working on #2 today.
So back to #2: the most important thing I have figured out is that this is apparently a software issue, since booting Windows in safe mode fixed the stuck CPU speed.
I have installed all the latest drivers on the Asus site.