This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 3 blurry pics

kainis
Star II
It's supposed to have 16mp back camera but pictures are very grainy. Will Asus still fix this issue?
10 REPLIES 10

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
It is very difficult to answer your question without knowing more.
There should not be any inherent 16MP bug on ZenFone 3.
Are you able to explain more the issues and settings you are having on your device?
Whether or not you have dirt or condensation lodged behind the lens, or if the autofocus motor might have been damaged?
Br
CH

kainis
Star II
ek9uc6x2kisr.jpg58uzq53kjk02.jpgthe motor is not broken as you can see it can focus when the object is right in front about 5 feet away. But can't really focus and get details if object is about 20 feet away

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
From these pictures it seems it has not acquired focus at all in the scene. For which reason I cannot tell.

It cannot focus on objects in the front as well as focus on object in the back - at the same time. For a lack of deeper explanation, the camera depth of field does not work like that.

For the near field focus, you may firstly try to reset all settings in the camera -> Go to Settings->Apps-> Find the Camera app, go to "Storage & Memory" - clear both cache and storage.

kainis
Star II
I cleared the cache but not the data coz I don't want to loose my pictures. See these photos taken from. The same distance and zoomed in. The blurry one is from Zenfone 16mp back camera. The other one is from my older phone Nexus 5 with just 8mp where you can clearly see the brand name of the tvImage_ https___us.v-cdn.net_6031231_uploads_editor_tl_eamaca4wd37f.jpg
q0eo5ydjvtl2.jpg
And this from not zoomed in from Zenfone
0yqbc6qfy1au.jpg
And trying to attached the next picture not zoomed in from Nexus 5  (but not letting me do I'll attach on next comment)