shovik
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

15 REPLIES 15

Melqui
Zen Master I
Waiting Asus developers works.

India220
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158308#Comment_158308

Just an FYI omni rom developer micky got the phone from Asus under developer program

So yes indirectly Asus did have a part to play in that

Developers don't generally buy gaming devices let alone costly ones such as rog plus most don't have proper carrier support in their regions so there's that

View post
Becuz developer don't want to waste money on these product. Like we all ROG 2 users had done. I also saw you and 1 more user keep defending Asus in Rog2/Rog3/ Rog5 forum. Are you getting free mobiles for review ?? Becuz we paid that's why we asking for software support.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
India220

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158309#Comment_158309

Becuz developer don't want to waste money on these product. Like we all ROG 2 users had done. I also saw you and 1 more user keep defending Asus in Rog2/Rog3/ Rog5 forum. Are you getting free mobiles for review ?? Becuz we paid that's why we asking for software support.

View post
Developers don't buy a gaming phone for multiple reasons with one being an complex device and difficulty in porting many features like air triggers etc plus I doubt they can just port all Asus proprietary stuff
Hence the developer program,there are some devs who got the devices and are genuinely interested in getting the phones developer program is a push in that direction and some do buy devices by themselves if they liked it 🙂
Generally the budget Xiaomi devices are popular among devs cos of it being cost effective and having a larger userbase

ImShrey
Rising Star II
India220

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158309#Comment_158309

View post
Agreed!
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158334#Comment_158334

Developers don't buy a gaming phone for multiple reasons with one being an complex device and difficulty in porting many features like air triggers etc plus I doubt they can just port all Asus proprietary stuff

Hence the developer program,there are some devs who got the devices and are genuinely interested in getting the phones developer program is a push in that direction and some do buy devices by themselves if they liked it 🙂

Generally the budget Xiaomi devices are popular among devs cos of it being cost effective and having a larger userbase

View post
Developer program is flop, We don't have any better after market support for asus. Onlu couple of stable roms. Even Gcam mods are hard to come by and are just cross ports of Zenfone 7. As many devs don't have Rog 2. Like wichaya.

Also, if asus wanted to support after market development, then they should have Made available thier libraries and binaries to those devs. So that we can have triggers and aura led and other stuff working as expected.

You can share binaries without sharing source code, that's how many Sony and Qcom dependancies or even gcam mods get ported. You can used another layer of customisations on top of them. But can't touch underlying source.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi shovik,
Update related info will be shared or announced as and when ready. Appreciate your patience. Stay tuned.