System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX482EG Zenbook Duo 2021
Frequency of occurrence: Often, about every minute
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description
The trackpad and keyboard frequently stutters when typing/mousing around. It makes it very difficult to use the laptop I have tried on whisper mode and performance mode and it is really painful. It has been happening to me out of the box and I don't have a lot of software added to the device.
Right now as I'm typing this I can fit a few words in during the stutter time so it appears to be on the order of 600-800 milliseconds every 25-45 seconds. The inputs are registered correctly, just delayed. The computer itself doesn't seem to be stopping, just not registering the inputs and then they appear all at once after the stutter. Disk, and CPU usage is nearly 0% all the time, and RAM is around 7.9GB out of 15.7GB.
Don't know how else to explain it, its just that it makes feedback control very difficult when the input devices are out of sync. It's independent of any other programs running.
7 REPLIES 7

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
I have noticed when the device is searching for WiFi it tends to have the most slowdowns, so perhaps it is a wifi driver issue

System Model ZenBook UX482EG_UX482EG
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. UX482EG.302, 05-Feb-21

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi have also updated to 302. Anyway I don't have the problem anymore, since I disabled something in my e-mail program (mailbird). I'll check tomorrow and post...

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
As promised...
In mailbird I had an option named hardware renderization activated, and that made my trackpad and keyboard stutter, not only in mailbird but everywhere. I've disabled this option, and now everything is smooth.
Check if you have this option enabled in some of the softwares you use...