This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only flaw of the Rog3, but lets stop calling it wrong alright?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Arguably the only real flaw present in our beloved rog3 phones is clearly the color banding issue we have, where we get pixelation in darker scenes. Black crush is basicially something any OLED phone has where the blacks are getting "crushed" and details are gone. So whenever you talk about pixalation, refer to it as color banding and not black crush. I'm aware I've been misusing the black crush term myself but now I'm starting to spread awareness that what we are talking about is not black crush but color banding, I think this is important so that the confusion about the term will stop happening.
Also don't hate on the devs. Remember they are a small team that tries to fix all phones, it's not their decision to push out a new phone or work on another phone.
16 REPLIES 16

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

Arguably the only real flaw present in our beloved rog3 phones is clearly the color banding issue we have, where we get pixelation in darker scenes. Black crush is basicially something any OLED phone has where the blacks are getting "crushed" and details are gone. So whenever you talk about pixalation, refer to it as color banding and not black crush. I'm aware I've been misusing the black crush term myself but now I'm starting to spread awareness that what we are talking about is not black crush but color banding, I think this is important so that the confusion about the term will stop happening.

Also don't hate on the devs. Remember they are a small team that tries to fix all phones, it's not their decision to push out a new phone or work on another phone.

Yes a said the same thing about not hating the team becoz they are not responsible for what asus decide about launching new devices and not paying proper care on older devices coz they have to manage so many devices at once

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

Aside the color banding,I too have said things like not hating the mods for such things,most of us with some basic logic defended them regarding color banding or pixelation,almost 3 months ago
And y'all know who we are

Aryan202
Community Legend I
[Kernel][21.03.2021][Android 10] Kirisakura 2.1.0 for Asus Rog Phone 3 aka OBIWAN@Danish kirisakura kernel dev did some changes to display commands

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Averan

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-21-03-2021-android-10-kirisakura-2-1-0-for-asus-rog-phone-...

@Danish kirisakura kernel dev did some changes to display commands

View post
I know, I'm the one who told him about those files. That being said it just messes with gamma in the exact opposite way, now you have no real blacks AND even more color banding. Me and Freak07 are playing around with the display, currently im looking into how to get rid of pixelworks again without having it stuck on boot.