Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 screen issue

TX11559
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 3 Strix - TENCENT GLOBAL ROM
Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2012.122
Hello, I have an issue with the phone screen, it mostly started after I did the version upgrade however I do not think this is the problem.
The problem is with the screen, from time to time the screen seems to go into colors, as if the screen has some failure (like tv back in the days used to turn into some colors), and even in rare situation the screen won't turn on / off and yesterday it didn't even notice my fingers at all, so had to do a hard reset and only then it worked.
Now, sometimes when the screen fails to come up / turn into colors there is an area (top left) where I put my fingers and with really little pressure get fixed or worst (sometimes while gaming I press there and nothing happen which is odd).
Any idea what could be the problem ? it is the screen ? should I fix it or jump off my window? (joking)

30 REPLIES 30

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
TX11559

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158133#Comment_158133

Yes, it has Tencent, when I got it I did my digging and then found out I am fucked.

Who are the mods here? doubt they can do anything, I feel so.. frustrated to be honest, my country is so bad with asus products that must of them I got outside Israel, from the US, yet the US gives you solutions, here I got something ... baa no point to continue with the rent.

View post
After all this..... if nothing helps, than no other option than local repair nearby in your city as a last hope if they could manage any repair from there side. I Know other displays apart from service centre are most probably 3rd party and chances are very less to get original. but i can only say that something is better than nothing.. & so displays are widely available online as well if you want you can order one with some good research and get it fixed from local repair shop or just try to check with local guy if he can manage it for you and get it repiar from him.
I hope you get a better support..
Thanks!

TX11559
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158135#Comment_158135

After all this..... if nothing helps, than no other option than local repair nearby in your city as a last hope if they could manage any repair from there side. I Know other displays apart from service centre are most probably 3rd party and chances are very less to get original. but i can only say that something is better than nothing.. & so displays are widely available online as well if you want you can order one with some good research and get it fixed from local repair shop or just try to check with local guy if he can manage it for you and get it repiar from him.

I hope you get a better support..

Thanks!

View post
Well I guess so, thank you by the way and everyone who replayed!
@botboy444  @AmitGarde @Averan

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
TX11559

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog 3 Strix - TENCENT GLOBAL ROM
  2. Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2012.122

Hello, I have an issue with the phone screen, it mostly started after I did the version upgrade however I do not think this is the problem.

The problem is with the screen, from time to time the screen seems to go into colors, as if the screen has some failure (like tv back in the days used to turn into some colors), and even in rare situation the screen won't turn on / off and yesterday it didn't even notice my fingers at all, so had to do a hard reset and only then it worked.

Now, sometimes when the screen fails to come up / turn into colors there is an area (top left) where I put my fingers and with really little pressure get fixed or worst (sometimes while gaming I press there and nothing happen which is odd).

Any idea what could be the problem ? it is the screen ? should I fix it or jump off my window? (joking)

Rog 3 screen issue
It's very possible that this isnt a hardware defekt but only a loosened cable. The not waking up bug is probably caused by some dirty flash on the phone.

TX11559
Rising Star I
Ok thought to update, I did talk to the seller in china and he offered "to send me a new rom to install" ? O_O

I mean, I told him this is display issue ?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
TX11559

Ok thought to update, I did talk to the seller in china and he offered "to send me a new rom to install" ? O_O

I mean, I told him this is display issue ?

View post
It's proably because of the black screen issue. The not waking up is very very very likely caused by the rom itself.