Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 screen issue

TX11559
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 3 Strix - TENCENT GLOBAL ROM
Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2012.122
Hello, I have an issue with the phone screen, it mostly started after I did the version upgrade however I do not think this is the problem.
The problem is with the screen, from time to time the screen seems to go into colors, as if the screen has some failure (like tv back in the days used to turn into some colors), and even in rare situation the screen won't turn on / off and yesterday it didn't even notice my fingers at all, so had to do a hard reset and only then it worked.
Now, sometimes when the screen fails to come up / turn into colors there is an area (top left) where I put my fingers and with really little pressure get fixed or worst (sometimes while gaming I press there and nothing happen which is odd).
Any idea what could be the problem ? it is the screen ? should I fix it or jump off my window? (joking)

30 REPLIES 30

botboy444
Zen Master I
There's always the off chance you could buy a replacement screen and ask a mobile repair place to do it for you? No promise it'll be a great fix but they'll have all the tools and repair screens for a living,

Best of luck tho

Aryan202
Community Legend I
botboy444

There's always the off chance you could buy a replacement screen and ask a mobile repair place to do it for you? No promise it'll be a great fix but they'll have all the tools and repair screens for a living,

Best of luck tho

View post
Yes he can get the screen shipped from AliExpress or something they have some genuine displays and a good phone servicing shop can get the job done
But the thing is the display will cost a bit and there's always the possibility of how the quality of the display will turn out and if it'll be fully compatible with the phone or the servicing guy could install it properly

botboy444
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158139#Comment_158139

Yes he can get the screen shipped from AliExpress or something they have some genuine displays and a good phone servicing shop can get the job done

But the thing is the display will cost a bit and there's always the possibility of how the quality of the display will turn out and if it'll be fully compatible with the phone or the servicing guy could install it properly

View post
Yeah exactly that but I guess atleast there is that option as a absolute last ditch effort

TX11559
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158135#Comment_158135

I'll tag some of them for you

@Anders_ASUS @Christine @ARP @Gustav_ASUS

These are some of the active ones on the forums

But it's the weekend right now expect a reply after Monday

View post
Thank you!

Averan

I seriously hope you get your's fixed without much hassle 😄

But the odds are kinda stacked against you first of all Tencent model, secondly Asus doesn't sell the rog 3 in your region and lastly the reseller probably doesn't offer any sort of replacment or warranty in any region as the the Tencent models aren't meant to be sold outside china

And to reflash WW over CN rom they probably unlock the device so the device warranty isn't applicable in China too 😅 ( as unlocking voids warranty on asus phones)

View post
I agree, I did find an Israeli private shop who has them, and they give the warranty (of course not official) but did send a message to see what they can tell me.

botboy444

Best of luck tho

View post
Could work, however since they never dealt with such phone they will probably damage it, its hard to find a really good service that is not official that are good

TX11559
Rising Star I
Its so odd, I mean I own asus products, headphones, mouse, keyboard, 2 gaming laptops (one survived 5 years and still good but needed an upgrade), chair, BT ears, and more and more and yet I had 0 issues, and the phone is where it making so much problem, with the TenCent version...

By the way, I did own zenfone 2+5z and no issues at all there as well 😞